Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Best Setup for RXP-X

Hey guys! I will be purchasing my RXP-X here in June and had a few questions that I cant find a really good answer for. OK, First is on setup as far as ride plate. I ride on the Ohio River and conditions change more than a woman's mind! Sorry ladies..... I can go out in the morning and be riding on glass, afternoon I have seen up to 3' rolling breakers on a windy day, and mild chop in the evening. On average I would have to say that most days bring 1' - 2' waves. The question being, with all of these riding variations, what would be the best route to go? I understand the stock plate is more aggressive about scooping in the water, and thus loses top end because of it, but do the other ride plates do just as well in the chop. Understand that this is my first boat that will do over 40, so the almost 70 that this thing can do stock will do me for a while! I'm looking for consistency in any condition I may come across on the river. Any advice or experiences you have had would help greatly in making a decision. Thanks!

+1
    You seem to be talking about the intake grate not the rideplate. 1'-2' chop sucks with the stock intake grate. When going from wave top to wave top the ski will nose down when you hit the next one. I didn't like it at all. After the first ride I put a R&D grate on. Get a WORX grate, if you don't plan on going over 75mph. Get a R&D grate if planning on going over 75mph. JMO.

I took my RXP X ski out this Sunday and it was pretty choppy in the ocean that day. I was breaking the ski in along side my new FZS also. The X ski is definately a wetter ride compared to the FZS. I kept getting splashed in the face whenever i approached a wave. I had the trim set all the way down to keep the nose up but it didn't help much.

I was thinking of getting a Worx grate because i plan on doing basic mods to get to 77mph. I guess R&D is better over 75??? How is it in the chop??

Wow! Ok, short bus moment! Sorry I was reading a thread about ride plates just before I posted this. Must have stuck in my head! Yes I meant intake grate. So the stock one holds it down that much that it dives into the next huh? Yeah that does suck! Specially hitting the 6' to 10' rollers that the barges push out! Been rolled several times on my Polaris cause it does that too. Ok so, with the other grate is there a big problem with them cavitating in bigger chop like that?

Quote Originally Posted by GPR Ed View Post
    I took my RXP X ski out this Sunday and it was pretty choppy in the ocean that day. I was breaking the ski in along side my new FZS also. The X ski is definately a wetter ride compared to the FZS. I kept getting splashed in the face whenever i approached a wave. I had the trim set all the way down to keep the nose up but it didn't help much.

I was thinking of getting a Worx grate because i plan on doing basic mods to get to 77mph. I guess R&D is better over 75??? How is it in the chop??
    Trim needs to be UP to keep the nose up!

Quote Originally Posted by stickshift69 View Post
    Trim needs to be UP to keep the nose up!
    I was thinking that too! Down would just shove the nose into the waves! I'll bet it was a wet ride!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rat Jay View Post
    Wow! Ok, short bus moment! Sorry I was reading a thread about ride plates just before I posted this. Must have stuck in my head! Yes I meant intake grate. So the stock one holds it down that much that it dives into the next huh? Yeah that does suck! Specially hitting the 6' to 10' rollers that the barges push out! Been rolled several times on my Polaris cause it does that too. Ok so, with the other grate is there a big problem with them cavitating in bigger chop like that?
    The WORX grate best hook up compared to stock. Maybe someone will chime in. Its easier to get a good holeshot with the WORX grate. The R&D you have to have the prop worked. I have had some poor luck with the RIVA grate, if you are wondering why I don't even reccomend it. I didn't run the WORX grate long, because I tried it on a 80+ PX and it started to try to stuff bad. So, it came off and was sold.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rat Jay View Post
    I was thinking that too! Down would just shove the nose into the waves! I'll bet it was a wet ride!

+1
    Congrats on the new ski in a couple months. JP knows his stuff when it comes to the X. Like he said, WORX grate is best as long as you won't be running big speeds (over 75-77). Also, trimming the nose all the way up in rough water is not what you want to do. The ski will handle terrible and will not stay hooked up.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    The WORX grate best hook up compared to stock. Maybe someone will chime in. Its easier to get a good holeshot will the WORX grate. The R&D you have to have the prop worked. I have had some poor luck with the RIVA grate, if you are wondering why I don't even reccomend it. I didn't run the WORX grate long, because I tried it on a 80+ PX and it started to try to stuff bad. So, it came off and was sold.

yeah the worxs is the best in the range of 75 mph and under over that speed the r&d is the best

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information