Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Tampa SeaDoo Crew TampaSpeedster's Avatar

Anyone GPS a stock 255 Speedster 150 yet?

Just curious... I'd like to know what these bad boys run!

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSpeedster View Post
    Just curious... I'd like to know what these bad boys run!
    What impeller are you running with your mods? and what RPM are you turning?

Tampa SeaDoo Crew TampaSpeedster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim-C180 View Post
    What impeller are you running with your mods? and what RPM are you turning?
    I'm running a de-pitched RXPX prop to 10/18.5, 8100RPM, ~60mph in less than ideal conditions. RXPX prop seems to be the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSpeedster View Post
    I'm running a de-pitched RXPX prop to 10/18.5, 8100RPM, ~60mph in less than ideal conditions. RXPX prop seems to be the ticket.
    Thanks for the reply...few more questions:

So your ONLY mods are in your sig?
    Do you happen to know what the stock pitch on that prop was?
    Where did you pick up the stock RXPX prop and what year is it?

I am guessing you will lose a couple hundred RPMs once we get to June and the water temps in FL hit 80+. What water temp were you in for the 8100?

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim-C180 View Post
    Thanks for the reply...few more questions:

So your ONLY mods are in your sig?
    Do you happen to know what the stock pitch on that prop was?
    Where did you pick up the stock RXPX prop and what year is it?

I am guessing you will lose a couple hundred RPMs once we get to June and the water temps in FL hit 80+. What water temp were you in for the 8100?
    TampaSpeedster and I are on the same path and have identical mods.

The pitch on the stock prop was all over the place. Each blade was different. some were 9/20 others were 11/21.5 and everywhere in between. If you averaged them out it appeared to be a 10/20.5.

I have been working with SpeedFreeks to dial in the best prop for these boats. SpeedFreeks sold us the RXPX props and has done all the pitching on the stock props, rxpx props, and Solas props we have tried.

These RPMs and speed were seen last weekend when the Airtemp was in the low 80's and watertemp in the high 60's.

It has been my experience that he won't lose that much RPM when the weather changes. Once your RPM's are around 8080-8120 things like weight and weather don't effect you as much. Yes they effect you but not as drastic as you would see if your peak RPM's were only 7800.

Example... When I was on a fresh out of the box 15/20 i was only able to spin that 7800rpm when I was in the boat solo. 10mins later I put in 2 people at about ~325lbs i lost 200 rpm and was only able to spin it to 7600.

Fast forward to the current prop i am on (stock speedster150 prop pitched to 10/22) and I am able to spin to 8080rpm solo.... and with the exact same two people in the boat I only lost 80rpm and spun to 8000rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by duramaxxed View Post

Thanks man - I got a good laugh out of that one

Quote Originally Posted by TheElite0ne View Post
    TampaSpeedster and I are on the same path and have identical mods.

The pitch on the stock prop was all over the place. Each blade was different. some were 9/20 others were 11/21.5 and everywhere in between. If you averaged them out it appeared to be a 10/20.5.

I have been working with SpeedFreeks to dial in the best prop for these boats. SpeedFreeks sold us the RXPX props and has done all the pitching on the stock props, rxpx props, and Solas props we have tried.

These RPMs and speed were seen last weekend when the Airtemp was in the low 80's and watertemp in the high 60's.

It has been my experience that he won't lose that much RPM when the weather changes. Once your RPM's are around 8080-8120 things like weight and weather don't effect you as much. Yes they effect you but not as drastic as you would see if your peak RPM's were only 7800.

Example... When I was on a fresh out of the box 15/20 i was only able to spin that 7800rpm when I was in the boat solo. 10mins later I put in 2 people at about ~325lbs i lost 200 rpm and was only able to spin it to 7600.

Fast forward to the current prop i am on (stock speedster150 prop pitched to 10/22) and I am able to spin to 8080rpm solo.... and with the exact same two people in the boat I only lost 80rpm and spun to 8000rpm.
    I appreciate your willingness to give me some feedback. My boat is 500 lbs heavier and has a bigger hull..but they are closer in size and weight than jumping from a ski to a speedster 150. Just trying to make a final decision on prop purchase.

How much better/worse is your holeshot with your current prop vs the 15/20? Was there a difference in cavitation?

It seems like the stock RXPX prop at 10/20 may be just what I need. From what I have read and from what others have said...the 14/19 is not enough and the 15/20 is too much. Sigh. I am afraid of losing hole shot with either one quite frankly.

Not to Hijack but....
    Jim unless i am wrong if the prop in your sig is what you have you should be slamming the rev limiter hard.
    i am at it with my mods and prop.
    If you go back in some threads from jeepster he had a the same boats as us and he gave good feedback on his progress.
    i dont think you want to go with a smaller prop than what you have,
    i might be missing something about the prop #'s
    Also when i bought my parts from Jerry he recomended the prop i have and it was pretty darn close to perfect
    Last edited by PV5150; 04-14-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: FS

Quote Originally Posted by PV5150 View Post
    Not to Hijack but....
    Jim unless i am wrong if the prop in your sig is what you have you should be slamming the rev limiter hard.
    i am at it with my mods and prop.
    If you go back in some threads from jeepster he had a the same boats as us and he gave good feedback on his progress.
    i dont think you want to go with a smaller prop than what you have,
    i might be missing something about the prop #'s
    Also when i bought my parts from Jerry he recomended the prop i have and it was pretty darn close to perfect
    I am definately in need of a steeper prop...no doubt.

Your HP mods:
    Green Wheel (@9.6psi)
    RR IC
    RRFPR (@60PSI)
    4" Intake

My HP mods:
    X Model Supercharger
    42lb injectors
    4" intake
    Modded stock waterbox

So as I see it...you are probably 10hp or so higher than I am, does that sound about right to you? I am probably 1.5 or so psi higher with the Xcharger and moving more air. The modded waterbox is good for a very slight bump. However, your external IC is probably worth 15hp alone.

According to that wild ass guess , a stock 14/19 would probably put me really close to 8000 rpms...does that sound about right given your experience?

How is your hole shot with your setup and prop? Any noticable cavitation?

Overall, ru happy with leaving your current mods as is? Or ru itching to mods some more?

Thanks man.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information