Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How much for a 2004 RXP Riva Stage III?

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a used RXP. I found one locally and it's a 2004 RXP Riva Stage III with extras. It has 74hrs, never left in water, and is supposedly in great condition (I haven't seen it yet).

From the ad:
    "
    Only 74 hrs very clean including trailer Riva stage 3 performance upgrade kit Big supercharger, Large external intercooler big impeller cold air intake lots more . performance exhaust very fast no problem beating a RXP-X runs great . Mature rider never left in water"

"The sea doo is a 2004 in green it has the a upgraded supercharger from 7psi to 12 psi and the bearings and washers have been upgraded 50 lb injectors and a large external intercooler along with a free flow cold air intake If you go to Riva website and look what is included in the stage three RXP engine mod pack I have all that and more boost The hp is at least 255 probably more It looks like a stock sea doo sounds like a race one and will easily blow away a RXP-X both in take off and walk away from it at top speed. I know this because I have a RXP-X as well I have decided to build a 300hp RXP-X so I am selling the 2004 Sorry I don’t have any pictures handy it is very clean and it comes with a almost new trailer . I only ride on river of flat water. No pounding waves or stunts I am 57 yrs old. I like having lots of power. "

The guy seems honest and he sounds like he'd be a good guy to deal with...been firing emails back and forth.

He's asking $8250 (Canadian) for it...they are more expensive here, but is this a good price for an 04 with 74 hrs and a Riva Stage III+ or would I be better off spending this money on say an 07 (seen one for 7999) or an 08 (8700)?

I think a valid question when/if I meet him would be how long has it been since the supercharger was installed...? When does a Riva need rebuilding? I read on here that the BRP requires it every 100hrs...

Any insight would be great!

Thanks!

+1
    sounds like and awesome deal for 8250$. the stage 3 kit is 6000$. ask him if he did the flywheel bolt upgrade, its a must for that machine especially with the ecu, so you will have to do it.

Ask him if it has the actual stage 3 in it, some people may have just pieced alot of stage 2 parts together and skipped out on the expensive pieces of the stage 3. Ask him what it revs to on the lake... Stage 3 should be in the 8500+ range. Ask if it had the valvetrain updated in it for the added RPM and if the riva ecu was put in it.

Service intervals for the chargers are the same whether its a riva stage 3 or stock. if all this checks out good then I will have to say that is a great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by masta2000 View Post
    sounds like and awesome deal for 8250$. the stage 3 kit is 6000$. ask him if he did the flywheel bolt upgrade, its a must for that machine especially with the ecu, so you will have to do it.

Masta, I assume you're speaking about this...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...l+bolt+upgrade

Sounds like it needs it, but it's $20 and some labour...hehe. Soo...

Quote Originally Posted by stickshift69 View Post
    Ask him if it has the actual stage 3 in it, some people may have just pieced alot of stage 2 parts together and skipped out on the expensive pieces of the stage 3. Ask him what it revs to on the lake... Stage 3 should be in the 8500+ range. Ask if it had the valvetrain updated in it for the added RPM and if the riva ecu was put in it.

Service intervals for the chargers are the same whether its a riva stage 3 or stock. if all this checks out good then I will have to say that is a great deal!
    Thanks SS,

Riva ECU and valvetrain upgrade is part of the stage III, right? So, I guess if he says it's the actual Riva stage III then it would have it....but yes, I'll ask.

R

+1
    without the ecu it's a better buy imo because it's less strain on the engine. i personally stick with the stock rev limit

What does the Riva ECU do? Just raise the RPM to 8500 or does it change over the whole band? Your saying the engine may fail sooner with the Riva ECU?

R

Quote Originally Posted by masta2000 View Post
    without the ecu it's a better buy imo because it's less strain on the engine. i personally stick with the stock rev limit
    Agreed, especially for rec riding.

The ecu and valvetrain update are of the expensive parts of the stage 3. The riva ecu will change the fuel map at all rps and increase the rev limit.

Quote Originally Posted by stickshift69 View Post
    Agreed, especially for rec riding.

The ecu and valvetrain update are of the expensive parts of the stage 3. The riva ecu will change the fuel map at all rps and increase the rev limit.

Ha...hold on. So if it has the ECU and valvetrain is this fine? Or is the only issue is if it has the ECU without valvetrain, that's not so good? Or no ECU period...no matter what because it revs the engine that much higher...

Well...back to my original question...lets say it has the full Stage III...it will have the ECU and valvetrain. Would you still buy it over a newer 'used' stock 215? Say like a 2008 for $8700 or something...just trying to get an idea...

+1
    used machines are all the same as far as you never quite know what you are going to get. you could get this stage 3 machine and it'll be fine for 300 hours or you could get a newer 2008 and it'll crap at 100 hours. it all depends how it was maintained. the best you can do is check compression, oil filter, test drive and etc... follow some sort of checklist and be an informed buyer. personally if the stage 3 machine checked out good i'd get it over a newer stock machine for same price.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information