Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    250 horses and only one jocky

Riva X-charger Pro or Mini rude

Have searched on here but can't find the differance in boost #s between them, as the Riva one is now less than $500 is the mini rude worth more? Oh and can i supply enough feul using the BEGI and RRFPR set-up with 42s and Walbro 255 or will i need to go with bigger injectors on my RXT?

You will need 48's or 50's. You can run the Dual reg. Begi / RRFPR with the Mini Rude. You'll need to find a way to monitor your afr's with either a LM-1 or Lm-2.
    Im running the Mini Rude with the Dual reg setup and 48's with the stock fuel pump and its running fine. The mini Rude upgrade is $ 198.00 more and it only applies for those that have an x charger already unless you send it to Jerry and he will machine your existing charger to accept the Mini Rude wheel which is what i did. I had Jerry install a complete rebuild kit , machine the housing, install Mcmaster washers and the Mini Rude wheel last season and it runs flawless at 12.9 boost with 8140-8160 rpms. Its a worth while investment IMO as the Mini Rude is very comparable to the Rude 1 as far as boost. Good Luck. Also on the + side Jerry has an excellent turnaround time and provides excellent customer service, cant say enough of this guy.

250 horses and only one jocky
    Cheers, i am running the x charger on my RXT and would like an upgrade, so no machining needed + i could do this myself but im just wondering what would be the best either the Riva X-charger Pro series Impeller and housing upgrade or mini rude? If the boost #s are the same i might as well go with the Riva one for $499?
    Oh and just out of interest what have you got your fuel perssure set to? Mine is set up as follows 55psi on post (BEGI) then RRFPR is set to 35psi tickover with 72PSI WOT this is just for a Standard X-charger with XS intercooler and A/F is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz RXT View Post
    Cheers, i am running the x charger on my RXT and would like an upgrade, so no machining needed + i could do this myself but im just wondering what would be the best either the Riva X-charger Pro series Impeller and housing upgrade or mini rude? If the boost #s are the same i might as well go with the Riva one for $499?

Oh and just out of interest what have you got your fuel perssure set to? Mine is set up as follows 55psi on post (BEGI) then RRFPR is set to 35psi tickover with 72PSI WOT this is just for a Standard X-charger with XS intercooler and A/F is perfect.
    The Mini Rude was meant to be a an upgrade for the Riva X-charger Pro series wheel so it will boost a little more, so imo I would go with this. The Mini Rude will boost up to 14 but without an aftermarket ECU you wont be able to see those numbers but of course I have seen rare instances of skis with stock ECU's doing 14 psi of boost with the Mini Rude. As far as adjusting the fuel pressure and afr's.
    My RRFPR is set to 58 lbs. my Begi adjusts my mid range and wot settings and those settings are 13.5 idle, 13.5 mid and 11.9 wot. hope this helps. I normally adjust twice a year winter and summer but I recently adjusted for summer and the adjustments that were needed were very minor. Do some searching on the Mini Rude and you'll see that those that have it have given it very positive feedback. You'll kick yourself on the butt for not upgrading to this one when you had the chance.

if u donthave an AM ecu you dont need rrfpr

Quote Originally Posted by stevorxp007 View Post
    Can you elaborate on this please.

Assuming "AM" is short for aftermarket.

KC "Blue Thunder" is running a stock ECU. The dual regular is mainly used to run the bigger injectors needed to provide enough fuel to feed the bigger superchargers for correct air/fuel at Wide Open Throttle and not be too rich at low and mid engine speed. It's a proven setup and mainly used on stock ECUs to avoid using the aftermarket ECUs. Several members are currently running it.
    KC, you have a great way explaining these mods. I wish I could write as well as you.
    Last edited by dduck1628; 04-13-2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by dduck1628 View Post
    KC, you have a great way explaining these mods. I wish I could write as well as you.
    Its not me its the coffee. lol....

cause i have a et etremem 68/140 and 50injectors and i had to turn off my fuel tunner cause i have to much gas, inless my afr gauge is wrong

+1
    cause i have a et etremem 68/140 and 50injectors and i had to turn off my fuel tunner cause i have to much gas, inless my afr gauge is wrong
    What ECU??? and how much boost are you seeing from that charger??? do you have RRFPR????

What AF gauge are you running??? im struggeling to see that you are running that charger safely assuming its making good boost on 50 inj at stock pressure. your AF would be very rich at idle with those 50s on the stock ECU. R88

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information