95spi w\factory pipe/96xp Diggler's Avatar

96 xp weak or bad coil.

in november last season the last 2 attemts to take the ski for a run, it gave me a pia just trying to get it started. Once it did run it had no balls, almost felt like right before the internal filters were loaded with crud like right when you first get a seadoo that runs good and has had some use. Replaced all fuel line last week and put a primer on it of course.
    I cant do the dynamic test for this coil because i dont have the special seadoo ignition testing box . Though in the trouble shooting portion of the manuale it does explain a sittuation during a test that a coil can be week or bad, meening its like enough to work and allow the ski to recieve enough spark to run and idle the motor somewhat but poorly and give you a pia when trying to start cold. Seems like a weak coil because i can hold this thing in my hand and it doesnt really put out a shock. It does arc on the electrode but i figure it could possibly be weak spark. any other way to test with voltmeter? help also msd coil good or bad idea? heard an msd coil has no trouble sparking even a fouled out plug.

weak or bad coil

anyone have a coil go bad? or weak, also anyone go with an msd coil on a 787?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Read through the other thread you already posted on, do all the troubleshooting he has already done. Then get back to us.

bad coil

shouldnt I feel a decent shock from the electrode when I touch it along with touching ground. I feel nothing at all, It seems like it is having trouble producing a consistant stong enough spark, sorta fireing intermitently while also going from a stong spark to a weak spark. hope its the coil

Diggler, You should go back and read that section all the way through. You can use after market coil testers. It says so towards the bottom of the section of the down loadable version off this site. Page 08-02-15 You may have to buy a couple of inline spark testers to use as well if you can't find one that uses the nifty window.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
    in november last season the last 2 attemts to take the ski for a run, it gave me a pia just trying to get it started. Once it did run it had no balls, almost felt like right before the internal filters were loaded with crud like right when you first get a seadoo that runs good and has had some use. Replaced all fuel line last week and put a primer on it of course.
    I cant do the dynamic test for this coil because i dont have the special seadoo ignition testing box . Though in the trouble shooting portion of the manuale it does explain a sittuation during a test that a coil can be week or bad, meening its like enough to work and allow the ski to recieve enough spark to run and idle the motor somewhat but poorly and give you a pia when trying to start cold. Seems like a weak coil because i can hold this thing in my hand and it doesnt really put out a shock. It does arc on the electrode but i figure it could possibly be weak spark. any other way to test with voltmeter? help also msd coil good or bad idea? heard an msd coil has no trouble sparking even a fouled out plug.

He's too lazy to diagnose the problem correctly. Just wants to take shortcuts...

too Lazy ... now your running your mouth buddys! i work 80 hrs a week and run my own company sir, plus the fact yall are giving very slow feedback on that question. my coil was bad I replaced it and now ski runs,

Quote Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
    too Lazy ... now your running your mouth buddys! i work 80 hrs a week and run my own company sir, plus the fact yall are giving very slow feedback on that question. my coil was bad I replaced it and now ski runs,
    If you didn't need our help why did you post?

Shorcuts never work. Enjoy your supposedly fixed ski.

I never said I didnt need anyones help on that issue. also replying with a no help feedback "he's to lazy" personal stero type comment! yea ok thanks but I really could use a little more 'tech' from a st8 shooter instead of a wise guy. Id love to show you how lazy I am at this sport!

Thread Information