Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Missing something?

Is it missing something inside here? i suddenly got a shaking sound on saturday when i was cruisen at 6rpm for some minutes and tok it to shore and see that i got som bad marks on the impeller, is this marks enough to make a bad sound an vibration? I talk to someone in brp and he was talking about a plastick thing right before the impeller, is this missing here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNAK0007.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	159.8 KB 
ID:	183003   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNAK0008.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	183004  

Looks like you had sucked up something up the tunnel. The prop nose cone looks like its cracked and the prop look like its in bad shape. Judging from those two I'd venture to say that the pump liner probably looks like crap too. The vibration you felt was probably from the prop tearing into whatever got sucked up in there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Looks like you had sucked up something up the tunnel. The prop nose cone looks like its cracked and the prop look like its in bad shape. Judging from those two I'd venture to say that the pump liner probably looks like crap too. The vibration you felt was probably from the prop tearing into whatever got sucked up in there.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    What is the Pump liner? And right before the impeller you see the metal but the rest of the rod is black, this is normal? Is this the prop nose cone?

+1
    if the vibration continues it could be a sign that the pump bearings suffered damage.

the pump liner is the white plastic ring.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    if the vibration continues it could be a sign that the pump bearings suffered damage.

the pump liner is the white plastic ring.
    This could also means that when i turn from side to side it vibrate more? i see that its marks on this bearing also but what you saying is that if this sound and vibrations dont stop next time i try it the best thing to do here is to bye a new prop and bearing? Im so mad coz its an brand new ski and the season is just started.....

Quote Originally Posted by bjornh View Post
    What is the Pump liner? And right before the impeller you see the metal but the rest of the rod is black, this is normal? Is this the prop nose cone?
    You have much to learn my friend... At least youre in the right place for the help you need. To answer you questions... The pump liner or wear ring is that plastic white ring you see on the outside diameter of your prop. The prop nose cone is what is located just forward of the prop and the drive shaft goes right thru it and
    mates with the splines on the prop. That black nose cone that looks like its made of rubber looks cracked from the pics you posted. You have a very expensive toy on the IS model my friend your going to have to be more careful taking care of her. There are how to section in this forum on fixing your problem just do some seaching, but i dont know if you'll find anything for the IS in particular when it comes to this being that its a new model and all. I would invest on a service manual for the model you have and if you are mechanic savy do it yourself. If not take it to the dealer and have them go at it. Can you take a pic of the inside of the pump itself that would help to determine if there is any damage to the inside of the pump, i.e fins broken, ext.

Yes im going to bye a manual like that, i just didnt think i needed it so fast.... I got som new pics to show where im at, and the white line i belive you think is a crack is just some white lubri stuff, but the area i have markd on some of the pic, i was wondering if something is missing since its like an open field? Or its just a normal cone as the impeller is attached to the drive shaft?

Name:	SNAK0010.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	183016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-04-13.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	183017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNAK0016.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	183018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNAK0012.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	183019  

Also behind it looks good,no marks or scratch at the end or in the back of the shaft

Name:	SNAK0015.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	183020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNAK0017.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	200.0 KB 
ID:	183021  

Since you already pulled the nozzle off you might as well pull the pump out and inspect the prop to pump for play. side to side, in and out for out of the normal play. My quess if you find any is that damege to the bearings on the pump tunnel could have happened. At the same time you do this inspect the splines inside the prop and on the shaft for damage. Run a a finger thru those marks on the prop nose cone to make sure their not cracks and check the white wear ring for excessive gauging which could create cavitation. I would replace that prop and liner at a minimum. Can you spin that prop by hand and if you can is it binding against the wall of the white wear ring ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information