Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nervous about POlaris parts

Well it seems like every week when i go to order more polaris parts the more things that become N/A what is the deal I thoguht they had to build parts for 7 years by the looks of it once they run out of stock, the stuff is gone forever what are we suppose to do ??? I feel like I have to go spend 6k and just order every part for each of my machines.. Just woundering the thoughts of others anybody else feel this way ?

+1
    Yes,
    it will be a problem. As I understood it, they have to make it from a rolling 7-year date, so if you have a 99, this might be a good year to stock up on non-available parts.

I've always said this is an addiction, not a hobby!

+1
    What parts are you unable to find at this point? There hasn't been one item other than a corner bumper that I haven't been able to find. Actually a corner was easy, just not the right color, time for some paint.

I like the hunting for it part, a little detective work and talking with guys and you'll always find your stuff.

+1
    I don't know Al... I think this will be a bigger problem sooner than you think.

+1
    Umm, stickers for the hood of my 2000 SLX are already not available. I mean, c'mon, a sticker? Ok, the aftermarket will fill that void, but the trim pieces? I spent weeks trying to get a left corner bumper. Havasuwireless on eBay said he had one, turned out to the the right, had to ship it back, etc. It shouldn't be this hard. If Polaris did right by us, it WOULDN'T be this hard...

If Polaris did right by us we'd be looking at the 07 model's!
    I bought some items from havasuwireless also! I took it in the shorts on shipping and HANDLING !

+1
    Hmmmnnnn, I'll have to take my sources information down as so far I have it all. Did you guys ever try Dan Scoeffers for the decals?
    Aaron has trim pieces as we speak.
    Zigler still has TONS of stuff
    And I think we'll have one other with SL parts here pretty quick.

I do know the "NEW" stuff is dissappearing but the stuff from early to mid 90's with ANY manufacturer is dissappearing.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN
    If Polaris did right by us we'd be looking at the 07 model's!
    I bought some items from havasuwireless also! I took it in the shorts on shipping and HANDLING !
    I bought some hurricane trim pieces from havasuwireless and did a comparison. It was only 96 cents more than if I had ordered them through parts land after shipping and what not.

I hear ya! my new parts had a lot of shelf ware! and he combined shipping by only charging me 1/2 for the second item but when I saw how he packed them and the fact that he was only 1 state away I knew he made way too much profit of off shipping! and that is kinda lame! Z

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft
    I do know the "NEW" stuff is dissappearing but the stuff from early to mid 90's with ANY manufacturer is dissappearing.
    My only point Al, is that I don't care what they say or what the law says.... when they run out of certain things, they ain't gonna run them again.

I'll give ya an example. The odds of ruining a Matrix driveshaft are slim, but we got 2 spares for the future... just in case.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information