Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Newby needing some help

First i wanted to introduce myself, my name is John and i am new to the forum, it looks like a great place to learn all i can about my ski's. I have been reading alot on here for the past few weeks so i decided to finally join. I have a 2009 rxpx and the wife has a 2001 rxdi. My question is about the rxpx, i have installed the complete riva stage 1 kit, although it did make the ski faster then it was i am still not getting these rpm's that a read most og you guys are getting, i get about 7850 out of it, using stock tach. Any advice how to get them up more? Also i am going to plug up my ride plate bolt holes, and anybody know hot to exaxctly do the back-up plate mod?

Banned User
    +1
    whats your elevation and have you ever checked the slip on your charger since break in? maybe some pitch to the prop. all variables in the equation.

the reverse bucket mod is pretty basic just shaving that little "lip" part off the center with a dremel or something like that. you can see where the water flow out of the nozzle would hit it at full trim up position.

oh and welcome!!

if u put in stage 1 you should be in the 8100 your charger has to of gone bad or intercooler leaking

where do u live?

+1
    Welcome to the forum. What elevation are you at? What was your rpm before the stage 1 kit? And how many hours on ski?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    whats your elevation and have you ever checked the slip on your charger since break in? maybe some pitch to the prop. all variables in the equation.

the reverse bucket mod is pretty basic just shaving that little "lip" part off the center with a dremel or something like that. you can see where the water flow out of the nozzle would hit it at full trim up position.

oh and welcome!!
    My elevation is sea level, i am in florida, i have not checked the slip on the charger as i have never heard of this before or would not even know how to do it. I have the impellor that came with the stage 1 kit.

Quote Originally Posted by stevorxp007 View Post
    if u put in stage 1 you should be in the 8100 your charger has to of gone bad or intercooler leaking
    Anything is possible, it seems to run great though. Is it possible the stock tach is not right?

Quote Originally Posted by stevorxp007 View Post
    where do u live?
    Florida, tampa bay area.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Welcome to the forum. What elevation are you at? What was your rpm before the stage 1 kit? And how many hours on ski?
    I am at sea level, rpm range was about the same from what i can remember before the kit, and the ski has 19hrs on it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rjatv View Post
    Anything is possible, it seems to run great though. Is it possible the stock tach is not right?
    The tach should be OK. Elevation is not your issue either. Check to see if maybe way over full of oil.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information