Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Results of R&D R2 Reflash

I tried my reflashed ecu for the first time and thought some may be interested in the results. My FZS is stage 1ish and still running the stock sc wheel and intercooler. My previous best speed was 73.2 with a lot of rideplate angle and diminished handling. Before this test a few days before I shimmed the plate back down for improved predictability and ran consistently 72.4 and .5. The conditions at the time of the test were similar uper 70's but yesterday a ton of wind.

With the R2 the motor picked up about 200 rpm to 7880-7920 and the boat ran a best of 74.9 with 74.7 runs repeatedly. Without the cross-wind and some more fuel burn off she would have done 75 I'm confident. So it would be safe to say that adding just the R2 is good for 2-3 mph depending on your combination.

In addition to the rpm gain, low end power and response as well as more power through the range was evident. The engine also ran as smoothly as stock with no deadspots or hesitation like you get with the powershot.
    Last edited by HighVelocity; 04-13-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVelocity View Post
    I tried my reflashed ecu for the first time and thought some may be interested in the results. My FZS is stage 1ish and still running the stock sc wheel and intercooler. My previous best speed was 73.2 with a lot of rideplate angle and diminished handling. Before this test a few days before I shimmed the plate back down for improved predictability and ran consistently 72.4 and .5. The conditions at the time of the test were similar uper 70's but yesterday a ton of wind.

With the R2 the motor picked up about 200 rpm to 7880-7920 and the boat ran a best of 74.9 with 74.7 runs repeatedly. Without the cross-wind and some more fuel burn off she would have done 75 I'm confident. So it would be safe to say that adding just the R2 is good for 2-3 mph depending on your combination.

In addition to the rpm gain, low end power and response as well as more power through the range was evident. The engine also ran as smoothly as stock with no deadspots or hesitation like you get with the powershot.
    that is with with the dynafly 15/22?
    i have a solas 13/22r that i need to get repitched to use with my setup.
    i currently have a skat 13/23 in the ski, that will be getting repitched to a 14/20, my current rpms are only 8200-8250...

+1

Question

did you run the r2 w/o a powershot or with a powershot. Are you monotoring air fuel ratios? What were your rpm's befor te addation of the r2, Thanks Tommy Jordan

Banned User
    +1

r-2 RESULTS

just need to get a real wheel and u feel the difference from a stock wheel.
    nice speeds for what u have . we need to go ride next time u are out
    also how is take off are u getting alot of cav?

+1
    Need to get them RPM's up. You're leaving speed on the table.

My AFR's were right on with stock SC wheel and IC.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    that is with with the dynafly 15/22?
    i have a solas 13/22r that i need to get repitched to use with my setup.
    i currently have a skat 13/23 in the ski, that will be getting repitched to a 14/20, my current rpms are only 8200-8250...
    Yes it was. The dynafly probably won't bite as good on the bottom end but should give you a mph on top.

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    did you run the r2 w/o a powershot or with a powershot. Are you monotoring air fuel ratios? What were your rpm's befor te addation of the r2, Thanks Tommy Jordan
    I ran the R2 without the powershot only. Previously I ran a powershot before the R2 to see if I could get anything out of it. Although I could improve the top end a little it seemed to be over-rich down low and hurt driveability. No monitoring of afr's yet since still on the stock wheel. Before the R2 I was turning 7680-7700 in the cool weather and 7620-7640 last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by onebadsho View Post
    just need to get a real wheel and u feel the difference from a stock wheel.
    nice speeds for what u have . we need to go ride next time u are out
    also how is take off are u getting alot of cav?
    I'd love to ride with you Paul, you should come down and ride the creek sometime. I totally agree about the wheel but I want to take it slow on this ski since it's my girlfriends and don't want to blow her away by adding too much performance all at once.

I want to see what I can get out of some cooling mods, handling mods, and other subtle things + an intercooler now that I have some rpms to play with.
    Once we've gotten the most of it on the cheap I'll add a wheel and the pump to match.

It does cavitate now. The R2 adds a lot of low end torque and throttle response. It does still feel faster from a standstill and will jump out of the water like a gpr if you trim up and transfer your weight too fast!
    Last edited by HighVelocity; 04-13-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: omission

Which wheel are you thinking of ?? Maybe with C-3 you get 80.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    Need to get them RPM's up. You're leaving speed on the table.

My AFR's were right on with stock SC wheel and IC.
    Glad to hear your afr's were good with the stock wheel. I thought one of the purposes of the R2 was to enrich to compliment their c-3 and other wheels and crossed my fingers that it would be rich enough at WOT for my combo.

Generally I'm going to try to raise rpm's by adding hp but am going to try a gpr nozzle next time out to see if it helps with r's and speed.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information