Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    I pew pew lazors

Ceramic Clutch Shards

My supercharger got hungry and ate the shit out of my clutch washers... nom nom nomnom nom....

How many washers do you think I found here? This is from the oil seperator screen... Still trying to get the pump off of the block, it seems stuck...

Also, when I pulled this hose off this milky stuff came out. Any takers on what it is?

Thanks guys,
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clutchshards.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	183099   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	milky.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.75 MB 
ID:	183100  

+1
    start building the puzzle my friend till you have 2 washers. Looks lucky they seem to be in big pieces,hope there all come out like that and not all ground up. Find all the washers, "inspect the timing chain REALLY WELL", replace the oil pumps and you should be good.

I pew pew lazors
    Yea, I guess piecing them together is the only sure way of knowing...

Not sure what the hose is off. I just ripped it apart donkey kong style lol... Kidding, I was gentle. I'm not sure what it was connected to. I just know how to put it back where it came from. I know that's not a lot of information. Let me go out and look.

By the way Dockside, I appreciate how much you contribute to this forum. As a new comer you've shown a lot of initiative and response to questions I'm sure you've been asked a thousand times. While searching the forum, it never fails to see you posting suggestions and help in half the threads I read. Keep it up bud.

Thanks,
    Mike

+1
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....e=13&A=118&B=5

number 33, would go to a catch can if you have one, if not goes to the air intake.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by peebee View Post
    Yea, I guess piecing them together is the only sure way of knowing...

Not sure what the hose is off. I just ripped it apart donkey kong style lol... Kidding, I was gentle. I'm not sure what it was connected to. I just know how to put it back where it came from. I know that's not a lot of information. Let me go out and look.

By the way Dockside, I appreciate how much you contribute to this forum. As a new comer you've shown a lot of initiative and response to questions I'm sure you've been asked a thousand times. While searching the forum, it never fails to see you posting suggestions and help in half the threads I read. Keep it up bud.

Thanks,
    Mike
    EH!! Thanks buddy... I was a new member not long ago so i know what its like, and ive learned ALOT working on mine. I work on cars for a living so easy to pick up this type of stuff. I dont know alot but try and help were I can lol. Everyday i learn something new on here witch is why i keep coming back, lots of great people on here maybe even some in your area

I pew pew lazors
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....e=13&A=118&B=5

number 33, would go to a catch can if you have one, if not goes to the air intake.
    Thanks rangermtb5, that's the exact part. I guess I need to read up on this catch can deal...

I pew pew lazors
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    EH!! Thanks buddy... I was a new member not long ago so i know what its like, and ive learned ALOT working on mine. I work on cars for a living so easy to pick up this type of stuff. I dont know alot but try and help were I can lol. Everyday i learn something new on here witch is why i keep coming back, lots of great people on here maybe even some in your area
    Yea man, I hear ya. I don't even work on cars, I work on computers... And not even much on the hardware side anymore. I sit behind a desk 10 hours a day but working on my ski is interesting me a bit. I pulled the oil seperator off and found a few more ceramic pieces. Looks like I need to order some parts though. The pump was pretty chewed up...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by peebee View Post
    Thanks rangermtb5, that's the exact part. I guess I need to read up on this catch can deal...

If you are running the stock air intake, just put the hose back where it was. If you are running an aftermarket air intake, like 4" etc, you will need a catch can.

+1
    Yikes - if your ceramic washers let go that's actually pretty serious.
    Some would suggest you really need to pull the engine, (if you haven't already) check your oil pumps for scoring and properly clean the oil passages to be safe. If your oil pumps are damaged it can lead to major engine failure down the road. Please read this:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

I pew pew lazors
    YoYamma,

Yep.. I've read the countless posts on this subject.

I pulled the front seperator off and checked the pump there. It was pretty badly chewed up. I've ordered replacement parts for the pump shaft, outer rotor, and pump cover. I've also sent the supercharger off to Jerry for the riva washers. He should get it tomorrow.

Unfortunately I don't have an engine hoist or tools to drop the driveline and pull the backend of the engine apart to check the rear pump... Any tips on checking this pump without having to pull the engine?

Thanks guys,
    Mike

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information