Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Test Tank

+1

Test Tank

I bought this a few months back and never got it over to my place yet and dont have the room anymore. From what I measured it will fit most skis. I can get exact measurements to anyone who is serious. I prefer local pickup, forklift available just bring a flat trailer. It needs a cleaning and to be gone threw but I have seen this tank go for alot. It is located in bensalem pa 19020. $700
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test1.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	183194   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test2.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	183195  

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    can you explain how this works

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

what you see

is mostly water filtering gear in there. You'll still need to be cleaning hulls after you use it. Ywo strokes put more oil in the water then you might think

$700 is a good price for what you havethere. Commerical grade tank run into thosuands of dollars....

Once the ski is in the tank you either have a nose stop or a chain/post setup ( this looks to have chain/post) you tie the ski in and run it. The jet pump outlet is captured and routed back to the front of the tank.

You will however need a pretty good crane setup to put your skis in this tank. Mine had a built in crane, which I plan on replacing this year since skis on a double trailer are really tricky to get in. You can find a vide3o of my tank in operation in another thread. A must have for a shop, or a major enthusiast

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    is mostly water filtering gear in there. You'll still need to be cleaning hulls after you use it. Ywo strokes put more oil in the water then you might think

$700 is a good price for what you havethere. Commerical grade tank run into thosuands of dollars....

Once the ski is in the tank you either have a nose stop or a chain/post setup ( this looks to have chain/post) you tie the ski in and run it. The jet pump outlet is captured and routed back to the front of the tank.

You will however need a pretty good crane setup to put your skis in this tank. Mine had a built in crane, which I plan on replacing this year since skis on a double trailer are really tricky to get in. You can find a vide3o of my tank in operation in another thread. A must have for a shop, or a major enthusiast
    so basically you have a tube back by the nozzle, and when the impeller pushes the water out, it goes into the tube and wraps back around into the front of the tank..

basically this is to test for like water leaks in your engine.. you would never pull like even half throttle for a few seconds with this thing..

it is to make sure everything is leak free..

+1

WFO...all the time every time

I routinely run skis at WFO for 10-20 minutes at a time in my tank..they are great to check for leaks too...but I use mine for everything ( it also annoys the heck out of my neighbors). It's handy to be able to adjust watch the engine compartment when it is running wide open..not to mention find little water leaks that only happen at full throttle.

funny you mention leaks....

I just finished up a refurbish on an 1100 tigershark..want to make sure it's going to run as well as it can for this guy since he was upside down on it the moment he hooked the trailer to his car ( don't ask, I don't tell)

Anyway, the winds have finally died down today ( 30mph steady for two weeks at least) and I hoist it up into the tank.

As I'm releasing the crane, I notice water is rapidly coming into the hull..Did I miss a problem?..I was running it on the hose a few times while I was fixing the fuel injection..nope..no lekas there..not a drop coming out of the bilge pump

<look of amazement/horror>

After I get it hoisted out of the tank and back on the trailer I go under the ski where the water is now draining and I notice that the _speed sensor_ was _missing_ from the bottom of the hull near where the driveshaft enters the hull.

So it's a good thing this ski didn't run when the guy bought it, had he launched it, by the time he realized it was sinking, it would have been too late ( the speed sensor hole is about the size of a seadoo drain plug, but being on the very bottom of the hull, the weight of the ski really works it. I trace the speed sensor back from the speedo and find it nicely tucked under the oil pump, flange nut and all.

Now why would I want to get on a creeper and look at the pump intake when I'm doing fuel injection work?

Sheer luck the thing didn't go under in the tank. Had I walked back to get my hat ( it's really hot today) It would have been too late..the water was coming in that fast.

So...a test tank is a really really good thing to have, even if your a private wrench..makes a great cooler for a party if you put a couple of hundred pounds of ice in it, and it can save you massive headaches if you're in the business of fixing skis.

My tank just paid for itself _again_ today. I would have surely had a huge problem with this customer had I let his ski sink, or handed it to him without a water test.

+1
    Thanks for psoting all the info Captain Pete

That is cool.

+1

+1
    OBO

+1
    still available if anyone is interested.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information