Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Sponsons?

Best Sponsons?

soo i have heard my things about these guys. is there a brand that is the best? i read a review of the worx sponsons and it seems like they where great aslong as you had them all the way down. what is the diference between these and just lowering the stock sponsons?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Stock!

+1
    I just went back to stock. I had a set of riva's.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    stock ones are good want a little mor grip in the turns lower them 10 .20 mm

just made a set of the short about 15 inch aluminum ones like you see on alot of the race skis ..i think rxp6 has a set like this....anyone ever tried them .....

with the riva plate lowered sponsons and an auto drop nozzle it was a little harsh ...sould have just raised my sponsons but why not experiment ...i may like them if not i can just put my stockers back on

Banned User
    +1
    i made a set of custom ones myself. they' only 3 hole long and a little taller so you can set the depth as prefered but also if it bites to hard entering the turn move them a hole back, not enough a hole forward. i dont have a drop nozzle (yet, coming this week) but i like them a lot. gives you a ton of handleing options for all kinds of water conditions. lower the stock and theres not much you can do (quick and easy) to adjust.

mine are connected with 3 holes and stick down 3 inches below the holes + or - a half inch.....it was like 2 foot chop but came right around...and i got a shower...i need to get out one more time before i go try the river...ill end up on the bank

Banned User
    +1
    sound similar to mine. one hole forward from all the way back. i was racing around in chop like you mentioned trim about 2 down from the middle and loved it. to each his own though. also a lot has to do w/ body position, applying throttle smooth out of cornering, keeping the pump loaded, etc but know that

i had mine all the way back ...i can t say it was a fair determination..it was one time in rough water....i am going to try and get out again..tomarrow.. if i dont have warm fuzzies about them ill throw my stockers backon for the weekend river ride...lots of twisties...

sponsons

so you guys are saying use the stock or build you own? how do you go about building your own?

Banned User
    +1
    IMO i noticed the farther forward you put them the more aggressive the'll enter a turn...

i used the riva as a template (mounting holes and shape) and just made them a hole shorter out of a plastic cutting board at first. took my ruff made cutting board sponsons to tap-plastics and had them make me a "fancy" set. ill post some pictures later today wheni get home

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information