Oil change on an F12X

Appologies for the obvious newbie question but how do you change the oil on a 4 stroke ski?

I have a 2003 Honda Aquatrax F12X.

There is an oil filler/level hole at the front of the engine and a spout at the rear of the engine which I assume has something to do with changing the oil, buy because the engine is enclosed in a hull how do you get the old oil out of the engine?

Quote Originally Posted by abbo100 View Post
    Appologies for the obvious newbie question but how do you change the oil on a 4 stroke ski?

There is an oil filler/level hole at the front of the engine and a spout at the rear of the engine which I assume has something to do with changing the oil, buy because the engine is enclosed in a hull how do you get the old oil out of the engine?
    You have to pump out the oil with either a hand or electric vacume pump. You can get a cheap hand held one but I reccomend you spend a little cash and get a good one. Check your owners manual it will show you the two places to pump from. One is the oil filler cap on the front of the engine and the other is a small cap in the bottom left rear of the engine. It's better if your engine oil is warm it will pump better. DON'T overfill with oil. You can't get quite all the oil out so I just put a gallon back in with a new filter. There are a lot of different pumps out there but I bought mine from Sears online about 70 bucks. It is listed as a fluid extractor. Shop ans ask around and get what you thik will work best for you. Good luck and Read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by abbo100 View Post

Don't appologise for doing the right thing. Heck I am glad these guys are here to help me. If your not sure then ASK. It's saved me more than once.

Cheers everyone have now got one on order.

Thread Information