Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Focker Foggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Olathe KS
    Posts
    672

    Fuel Pressure w/ RRFPR

    Got my new fuel rail installed last week -thanks Danny.
    Put in fuel filters at pump, new Walbro pump and
    newly cleaned injectors
    Located the Rude (turbosmart) RRFPR and gauge to
    where i can read it with seat off while riding/testing

    SO after put new stuff in, I had to turn my Regualtor down
    to 60 psi (key on, engine off). IT was at 65
    So I guess between the rail, pump, etc I gained a few psi.

    Now to my question/concern.

    Set at 60 psi (per instructions), It drops down to about
    56 psi or so at idle (vacuum signal)....

    Under WOT at max rpms, I am seeing about 62 psi.

    I have S3 charger, so I thought I'd see about 10 psi difference
    between idle (vacuum signal) and WOT (boost signal).

    Anyone have any thoughts or comments on this???
    Thanks


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    Got my new fuel rail installed last week -thanks Danny.
    Put in fuel filters at pump, new Walbro pump and
    newly cleaned injectors
    Located the Rude (turbosmart) RRFPR and gauge to
    where i can read it with seat off while riding/testing

    SO after put new stuff in, I had to turn my Regualtor down
    to 60 psi (key on, engine off). IT was at 65
    So I guess between the rail, pump, etc I gained a few psi.

    Now to my question/concern.

    Set at 60 psi (per instructions), It drops down to about
    56 psi or so at idle (vacuum signal)....

    Under WOT at max rpms, I am seeing about 62 psi.

    I have S3 charger, so I thought I'd see about 10 psi difference
    between idle (vacuum signal) and WOT (boost signal).

    Anyone have any thoughts or comments on this???
    Thanks
    If you only have 62psi at wide open with the rrfpr you'r fuel pump needs upgrading to a Wallbro pump.

  3. #3
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP6 View Post
    If you only have 62psi at wide open with the rrfpr you'r fuel pump needs upgrading to a Wallbro pump.
    He has the walbro. Turbosmart regs are known for not rising 1:1 or even close. What you are seeing is very consistant with what most see using that reg. You'd be alot better off with an aeromotive reg or something along those lines.

  4. #4
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Perfectly normal with the turbosmart regulator... they do not rise anywhere near 1:1. When I ran that regulator with the stock fuel pump... my fuel pressure at WOT was 3 psi lower than the base pressure setting . With the walbro pump... my WOT pressure was never more than 3 psi above my base pressure. Thats all your going to get out of it.

  5. #5
    Where is your regulator mounted, before the fuel rail or after the rail in the return line from the rail to the tank?

    Mark

  6. #6
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    If its Dannys Fuel rail its mounted after the rail...

  7. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Where are you referencing your boost line? You should be referencing it at the IC blockoff if you can. If you are using one of the ports on the intake runners, then it will not rise properly...

    Also, try to get an A/F reading during a run, you should be able to see if that RRFPR is functioning properly when boost kicks in.

    If you are running an S3, then OEM injectors will work fine. When my Turbosmart was working (before I changed it) my base pressure was about 56 in the summer, close to 60 in the winter...

  8. #8
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    If you are running an S3, then OEM injectors will work fine....
    Wrong...If you are running a external IC with your S3, then you will be running to lean with the 38s in the low and mid ranges... Dont ask me how i know

  9. #9
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
    Where is your regulator mounted, before the fuel rail or after the rail in the return line from the rail to the tank?

    Mark
    Pressure is the same either way. Already tested that theory. His issue IS the turbosmart. Been there done that multiple times. Swapped regs to another brand and BAM!

  10. #10
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Pressure is the same either way. Already tested that theory. His issue IS the turbosmart. Been there done that multiple times. Swaooed regs to another brand and BAM!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SOLD Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator RRFPR
    By ctct2118 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-06-2016, 05:06 PM
  2. Procedure for setting fuel pressure with RRFPR
    By TheBernards in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 07:09 PM
  3. SOLD Turbosmart rising rate fuel pressure regulator - RRFPR
    By Gus13letter in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 02:21 PM
  4. Fuel Pressure on RRFPR
    By WannabeGoing80 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 01:14 PM
  5. Installing the Rude RRFPR- ??? no fuel pressure
    By VX1 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 12:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •