Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

fzr vs. supercharged seadoos

What's up,
    I'm in the market for a new supercharged ski, I was dang near firm on the 2009 rxp-x, until I looked at the fzr, but there are a few problems with it...I don't like how the fzr is 11 inches longer then the rxpx...that's a whole lot I think, is that enough to make a 2001 xl800 and a few other skis, and I thin k that thinng is a massive whalew, but according to reasearch the fzr is longer then the xl800? Wtf??? So to narrow down my choice I have a few questions, I don't want a pissing match, I just want a straight up answer, I'm fairly sure the fzr is faster then the rxt, but is it faster then the rxp?? And I'm almost sure it is faster or even with rxtx and I think the rxpx is a mph faster, am I right? There are features on the yamaha that I like and things about it I like, but I'm just afraid of getting beat by an rxp. Oh and 1 more stupid question, this sounds retarded but I like how the rxp and rxpx can hop out of the water by just squeezing the gas, can the fzr do that?

+1
    I recommend riding both. Most dealers offer test rides. If your going to keep it stock, you won't go wrong with either. Get the warranty for a piece of mind. The additional length does not bother me. It will give you more stability in the chop. As for getting beat, they are all close in speed and acceleration. The FZR uses a bit more fuel, but it takes 87 octane, so it evens out.

+1
    I was in the market and looking at both. Went with the FZR due to the bigger motor in CC's and the extra piston. Also here on the GC everyone's got Seadoo's , they're like ass holes , everyone's got one.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Really subjective so go ride both. I had an RXP then jumped to an FZR. I wont completely trash my RXP. It was a fun ski but beat the hell out of me in the rough. All said and done I like the FZR better in every aspect.

thanks for the answers, so a few little questions, will it hop out of the water or is it too big for that, and can u hear the supercharger whistle?? I really like whistle hahaha.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by t.i.p. View Post
    thanks for the answers, so a few little questions, will it hop out of the water or is it too big for that, and can u hear the supercharger whistle?? I really like whistle hahaha.
    Yes it hops out of the water, not as much as an rxp-x or rxt-x though. You really can't hear the sc while riding unless you get the Riva power filter.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Yes it hops out of the water, not as much as an rxp-x or rxt-x though. You really can't hear the sc while riding unless you get the Riva power filter.
    +1..Riva power filter + C3 wheel you can hear the supercharger wheel spinning very clear..add a HKS BOV and you'll love the sound..

Well stock can you hear it at all at even loespeeds?? From my experience u can't hear the seadoos supercharger either excepr at startup and ,low speed, and ill look into mods in a few months in the future after I get the ski

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by t.i.p. View Post
    Well stock can you hear it at all at even loespeeds?? From my experience u can't hear the seadoos supercharger either excepr at startup and ,low speed, and ill look into mods in a few months in the future after I get the ski
    My ski is bone stock. I cannot hear it while riding no matter what speed. The only time I can hear it is when I turn off the ski because the sc still spins for a few seconds.

Well damnit...and haha I watched all of your fzr videos on youtube earlier today they are good vids....and dang, that thru hull and bov sounds just amazing,....me want, badly. Anyways, how does it power out of turns and all? The rxpx throws itself around in turns very fast when givin it full throttle, then once ur out of it push the gas and it takes off, how does the fzr do in this?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information