Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new question, old fuel and injector cleaning

Hi i just place on the water a 1200 cc 2002 virage that i bought used with a locked fuel pump, i install a new replacement and the engine ran fine out of the water and rev good, but no in the water
    he just run a few meters and quit and just 1/2 TROTTLE, in reverse it moves at low rpm and fine
    the reverse/forward switch is ok as i canīt apply wot on reverse
    if i place the pwc on the trailer with just the pump on the water , he works fine and push the truck at wot
    this is what i see after my test, today i was able to maintan an 1/4 trottle ride for some minutes but if i try to gass more he just stop, i did not clean the injectors and i know that is rining with 6 months old fuel
    may be this loss of power on the fuel the cause and partial cloged injectors the cause of the problem????
    also how i lock it?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Best approach is to start a new thread in the Polaris General Discussions forum.

Have you checked fuel pressure since the fuel pump was replaced?

When you run it on the trailer with the jet pump intake under water, what was the maximum engine RPM?

Check the water cooling for the EMM. Look for kinks or blockage in the small hoses.

When you ride it, is there a red lamp and warning text message on the display?

Multi-Function Display (MFD)

Polaris Ficht Fuel Injected Engines

sorry, i was lost

On the trailer with just the intake area on the water the engine rev at 5000 ,but i just did this just to hear if the engine rev and the 3 cyl work and i did not read the dash,no overheat as i ride it for several minutes, it gettin better with the use, the oil light (red light) turns some times and i did no see a diference
    when i try a wide open trottle start it just try to plane and stops, then i was able to restart with no problem or with no trottle movement
    i bought this watercraft on a salvage sale and to test if work i connect a battery and pour gas on the intake and the engine run for a few seconds
    then i clean the fuel tank and replace the fuel lines and install an automotive fuel pump ( same model) i start it with a garden hose and run perfect
    when in the lake it never run good just for small short 10 second trips
    i read your return line problem ( as i replace this line also) today
    i was able to ride at idle ,in reverse,and 1/4 trottle trips, but never at higer rpmīs
    i just found your ecm reading and other info, my question to left this post and follow in the right section is
    MÁY THIS BE AN COMPUTER PROBLEM?OR AN RPM LIMITER
    WILL READ YOUR PAST POST ON THIS MODEL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rsalvarez View Post
    On the trailer with just the intake area on the water the engine rev at 5000 , but i just did this just to hear if the engine rev and the 3 cyl work and i did not read the dash,

no overheat as i ride it for several minutes, it getting better with the use, the oil light (red light) turns some times and i did no see a difference

when i try a wide open throttle start it just try to plane and stops, then i was able to restart with no problem or with no throttle movement

i bought this watercraft on a salvage sale and to test if work i connect a battery and pour gas on the intake and the engine run for a few seconds

then i clean the fuel tank and replace the fuel lines and install an automotive fuel pump ( same model) i start it with a garden hose and run perfect

when in the lake it never run good just for small short 10 second trips

i read your return line problem ( as i replace this line also) today

i was able to ride at idle ,in reverse,and 1/4 throttle trips, but never at higher rpmīs

i just found your ecm reading and other info,

my question to left this post and follow in the right section is
    MÁY THIS BE AN COMPUTER PROBLEM?
    OR AN RPM LIMITER ...
    Make sure there is enough oil in the oil tank, and that the oil system is actually working properly.

The red light is not only for oil level warning.
    Whenever the red light is on, there is also a message below in the display. Watch for the message.

RPM limiter when red lamp is on is much less than 5000 RPM
    Same limiter RPM for reverse and for overheat, etc.

The TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) may be failing.

When it stops, is there a warning message or red lamp?
    Does the engine completely shut off by itself?

Can you restart the engine right away?

Quote Originally Posted by k447 View Post
    when it stops, is there a warning message or red lamp?
    Does the engine completely shut off by itself?

Can you restart the engine right away?
    about the restart, i have to move the trottle and restart
    no warning messages , and the red light blinks 2 or 3 times and then dissapear, i am preparing a fresh fuel and injector cleaner
    and will go to the lake,
    i see the video of how the injector work and may be i have that balls not moving free as must be

well, i will test the trottle position sensor and all the electric connectors ,refill the oil tank and new fuel with the injector cleaner, all the plugs have spark, i will remove the injectors to see if they are vaporising the fuel and post latter the results, if the control module sence a diference in the fuel trought an injector at high speed, may be this turn of the engine as i have to wait 2 seconds to restart,if i push the start when the engine is turned off it did not work after some seconds
    thanks for this guide and information

+1
    about the restart, i have to move the throttle and restart
    no warning messages , and the red light blinks 2 or 3 times and then disappear,

i am preparing a fresh fuel and injector cleaner
    and will go to the lake,
    i see the video of how the injector work and may be i have that balls not moving free as must be

well, i will test the throttle position sensor and all the electric connectors, refill the oil tank and new fuel with the injector cleaner, all the plugs have spark,

i will remove the injectors to see if they are vaporising the fuel and post latter the results,

if the control module sense a difference in the fuel through an injector at high speed, may be this turn off the engine as i have to wait 2 seconds to restart,

if i push the start when the engine is turned off it did not work after some seconds
    thanks for this guide and information
    The injectors will not work correctly unless they are bolted into the cylinder head. Do not operate the injectors without being installed in a cylinder head.

Without the cylinder head, the injectors will just leak fuel. These Ficht injectors are not like regular car or truck fuel injectors.

You may have a problem with the TPS sensor, or the EMM.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The injectors will not work correctly unless they are bolted into the cylinder head. Do not operate the injectors without being installed in a cylinder head.

Without the cylinder head, the injectors will just leak fuel. These Ficht injectors are not like regular car or truck fuel injectors.

You may have a problem with the TPS sensor, or the EMM.
    Thanks for the info, i will clean all the conections as it start to work better with the new fuel .
    just a last question, there is a hose inside the fitch unit,i cant find it on any site,it looks with water vapor inside

+1
    ...there is a hose inside the Ficht unit, i cant find it on any site, it looks with water vapor inside
    The Ficht EMM is water cooled. Make sure those small water hoses are all in good condition.

The water flow comes through the cover for the magneto housing, then through the EMM, then goes to the exhaust fitting at the rear of the hull, where it dumps out.

The stock hoses are just more fuel line, but they carry water, not fuel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7135%5C7135B14.gif 
Views:	63 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	183560  

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The Ficht EMM is water cooled. Make sure those small water hoses are all in good condition.

The water flow comes through the cover for the magneto housing, then through the EMM, then goes to the exhaust fitting at the rear of the hull, where it dumps out.

The stock hoses are just more fuel line, but they carry water, not fuel.
    THANKS, I WAS ABLE TO RIDE THE KET SKI FOR 1/2 hour with the new fuel and cleaner, the fuel and oil sensor is very sensitive i discover that while runing the level drops and rise and when is too low the red light blink
    also with the fuel
    the engine now ,on the water are working at 8000 rpm max and start to plane at 4000, there are no water on the fich fuel injection unit, also very erratic idle, now it run good for few secons and can be ride at 3500 to 4000 with no unexpected engine stop,some times i can rev it to 5000 and maintain it at this engine speed
    i read your aticle about read the codes i will try and please tell me how to ,or were find a service manual?
    thanks

+1
    THANKS, I WAS ABLE TO RIDE THE KET SKI FOR 1/2 hour with the new fuel and cleaner,

the fuel and oil sensor is very sensitive i discover that while running the level drops and rise and when is too low the red light blink
    also with the fuel

the engine now ,on the water are working at 8000 rpm max and start to plane at 4000,

there are no water on the Ficht fuel injection unit,

also very erratic idle, now it run good for few seconds and can be ride at 3500 to 4000 with no unexpected engine stop,

some times i can rev it to 5000 and maintain it at this engine speed...
    You need at least 1/2 tank of oil to be sure there is plenty of oil when the hull is bouncing on the water.

What do you mean by 'no water on the fuel injection unit'? Do you mean the water connections are not leaking?

The engine should NEVER reach 8000RPM. The RPM limiter is 7200RPM.

The EMM may have a problem, or it may just need a new TPS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information