Anyone ever used Langcourt to replate cylinders?

Well I got my cylinders back from Langcourt. They replated all three and repaired the skirt on one. In each cylinder there was a ticket where someone had to sign off saying the cylinders are ready to send back to the customer. Problem is when they did their cleaning process it ate a small hole in a water jacket of each one of the cylinders!!! Not only did they not repair the small hole on each one of the cylinders they did not even call me to ask if I wanted to pay a little extra for them to spot weld the small holes up! When I call them and let them know that they missed the holes they immediately tell me its common from salt water corrosion so they know its common for it to happen why the hell did they not check my cylinders? They then tell me if I pay to ship them all back to them and I pay to have them shipped back to me they will spot weld the little holes up. So after they have screwed up not only do they want me to wait more time to have them fixed they also want me to pay for their screw up! Just checking to see if anyone else has had such good luck with them?

+1
    The salt water is bad! Its the chemical, stripping process that eats away at the porosity. The outer cylinder 'can' be welded and the inside of the water jacket can be filled with epoxy or JB weld. The only problem is the heat from the welding, it can distort the bore if not done correctly. I have welded one and used epoxy to fill the inner jacket.

Well Thanks for the tip. I just wish when the cleaning process was done they would have checked for this knowing that salt water causes this to happen often and if the cylinders were in bad shape for them to call me and ask me if I want to pay the cleaning fee and find some new cylinders or if I want to go ahead and replate them. I would have gladly payed the fee and looked for new cylinders. For what I payed to have them replated and the one skirt repaired I could have held out and bought some nice used ported cylinders! No one cares anymore it seems they just do "production" work....

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I have used Langcourt several tiems and had nothing but good luck and great service from them. Again, sorry to hear about your less than perfect experience. I originally used them after finding out they do replate work for Yamaha....

the last time i used them ,on my 927 motor
    1st time in the water the plating came off wrecked the new piston and dome
    they replated it for free and told me it was from the heat of having my cylinders powercoated....so i informed them it was spraypaint not powercoat
    even though it was replated @ no cost they didnt replace the piston or dome
    i will no longer use langcourt
    jason

Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    The salt water is bad! Its the chemical, stripping process that eats away at the porosity. The outer cylinder 'can' be welded and the inside of the water jacket can be filled with epoxy or JB weld. The only problem is the heat from the welding, it can distort the bore if not done correctly. I have welded one and used epoxy to fill the inner jacket.
    Would the JB weld work on a triple exhaust port with the heat from the exhaust?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by laskt View Post
    Would the JB weld work on a triple exhaust port with the heat from the exhaust?

On the exhaust port itself? Inside? not really sure what you mean.
    Im talking the outside of the cylinder.

Got mine done by US Chrome. Same thing happened, I was assured it was normal and JB Weld fixes it right up.

man wish I would have known about the jb weld before I droped them off to be spot welded... oh well

Thread Information