Thread: I need help!!!

I need help!!!

I am selling my waverunner to a chick in a few hours and trying to figure out what paperwork I need to have. I have a title and registration for the ski, but only a current registration for the trailer which I bough separately. It has plates, and I don't think I ever got a title when I bought it, but I did get it registered so whatever I had was enough. I tried searching the DMV/DOL site but didn't find anything to answer my questions. GH to the rescue...

When I do the Bill of Sale for the waverunner, should I just list the trailer as well, or should I make up a different bill for the trailer? Also what will she need to get it registered. I just want to make sure she has everything and doesn't need to contact me after the sale because I am moving up to Washington State.

Thanks for the help

also do I have to list the hours on the vessel? I don't know them off the top of my head and don't want to pull it out of storage to turn it on and check the hours if I don't have to. Thanks

bump. Please help me if you know.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    If you can have a separate bill of sale for the trailer, with a separate price for each, that might be better.

I don't know the process or the rules for your area, but often the trailer and the boat registrations are handled by different authorities.

Bill of sale should include all the details;
    HIN, year, brand, full manufacturer's official company name, model name and code, exterior hull and upper deck colors, engine size and type, price sold for, date of sale, etc

Also the full name and address of seller and buyer.

Same for the trailer.

You may want to have it notarized, just in case. And keep a copy of the paperwork for yourself.

+1
    i bought my pwc from florida. my trailer only came with a registration and a bill of sale. the trailer should have its own bill of sale.

k447 pretty much out lined it for you.

seems like most states have a separate place to register vessels and trailer. NY how ever does them all at the dmv.

perfect. Thanks for the info guys. I wrote her out a bill of sale for just the trailer and told her to bring the registration in with that and she should be good. I appreciate the quick replies. No more ride for now, but hopefully that will change in the near future.

Thread Information