Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    95spi w\factory pipe/96xp Diggler's Avatar

Seadoo 800 95-96 MSD ignition enhancer 4255

Does anyone have this on their seadoo xp gsx or spx ect. I really like the fact this will also get rid of the stock mpem and cdi so no more D.E.S.S just not start stop switch in one, only stop at lanyard kill switch. Just wondering if anyone has this and what the dip switches are all about and setting the timing or programing...???
    Last edited by Diggler; 04-17-2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: title

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
    Does anyone have this on their seadoo xp gsx or spx ect. I really like the fact this will also get rid of the stock mpem and cdi so no more D.E.S.S just not start stop switch in one, only stop at lanyard kill switch. Just wondering if anyone has this and what the dip switches are all about and setting the timing or programing...???
    If your not running a ton of after market parts this will not do you any good. Why change something if its already working? If it aint broke dont fix it...

I have one of these for my build. I thought it only got ride of the cdi or do you loose the mpem too?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4.0l sahara View Post
    I have one of these for my build. I thought it only got ride of the cdi or do you loose the mpem too?
    Only the CDI, and it was for 96 models only. The 95 had a different ignition system.

+1
    cant you advance the timing with these down low?? why wouldn't it be good on a stock or semi stock ski??

Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    Only the CDI, and it was for 96 models only. The 95 had a different ignition system.

Not sure if he's figured out what's wrong with it in the first place sooooo.....

95-96 seadoo msd enhancer

"only for 96" how so? MSD sells this thing to fit the 95 xp800 a 96xp and sells a wire kit to fit all of the other spx modles from 97 to 99 with the different mpem. Also this is right out of the msd directions..

This installation eliminates the stock SEA-DOO ignition and MPEM module and requires cutting and splicing of the existing wires. The installation is recommended for experienced mechanics that are capable of performing these type of modifications. Look at the scematic diagram, no mpem what so ever wired in or shown in the diagram. Also it states
    The stock lanyard will now be used as the ignition kill function and the start/stop switch will be connected so it will act as a start switch only. As an option, you can also replace the stock lanyard with an MSD aftermarket lanyard if desired.
    Note: The stop function will now be operational through the lanyard only.
    If anyone here has actually installed one of these and can answere my question without reasonable doubt I would really be a happy camper. ps I am running nothing but aftermarket parts on this motor with a stock cdi ignition, on top of the fact I cant adjust it unless I take it to seadoo or have a programmer. sooo thats gotta goo!

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    You only need to eliminate the mpem on the 97 and up 800's. I have one on my 96xp and i have the stock mpem still hooked up. I have a limited setup and it really helps with the throttle responce. It will give you more throttle responce and you can advance the timing on your ski BUT you should only do it if you know what your doing or you will DETO the hell out of the engine $$$$$. Here's a lil tip if your looking to buy one new $299.00 at Summit Racing, there are guys on these forums that try to sell them for that much used...

Alrighty, can I still remove the mpem on my 96 and just hook it up the same as the 97 applications. All the wires are the same color as the previous year, I dont see why not.?? any idea if so or no Oyea SUMMIT is where I saw it too, but thanks for the lookout on that, riva wants like 450 for one.

does that mean it can be used a replacement for a bad mpem?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information