Thread: Need Help ASAP

Need Help ASAP

Ok a few weeks ago i posted how went out for a bit and when i pulled my drain plugs i have a little water come out then like a QT of oil. Well i pin pointed it today. Its pushing the seals on the oil filter cap out. When if i just start it off the hose in the drive way it pushes it out Right away and oil starts flowing out. I picked up new seals today still the same thing happen. The cap its self looks good But it has a tap broke off the inside but i think the tap is just to help guide the bolt through the top. I have all 3 seal on it. What would causeing this?

2002 GTX 4 tec 155 N/A

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    A broken tap on the inside I think I'd replace that cap, and see where you are then!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    A broken tap on the inside I think I'd replace that cap, and see where you are then!

Ya i got on on order But its been like that for a while The o ring is on top the tab just a guide for the Bolt to go through. BTW were can i order a cap at? Im going to cancel the one here $45 for the cap is ........ Is there anything possible to cause this I tighten the bolt by hand the about a 1/4 turn with a wrench. So its not very tight 90 INlbs is what it calls for

+1
    Is the filter new... sounds as if it could be clogged There shouldn't be near enough pressure in there to push the o-rings out Is it pushing all 3 side o-rings out... or the one on the bolt???

+1
    Is your cap plastic or metal??? In the parts breakdown for an 02 GTX 4-TEC... the original cap appears to be plastic with only one o-ring on it. The newer caps are metal and have three o-rings

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Is your cap plastic or metal??? In the parts breakdown for an 02 GTX 4-TEC... the original cap appears to be plastic with only one o-ring on it. The newer caps are metal and have three o-rings

New filter only has 2 hrs on it. My cap has 2 o rings on the side and one small o ring on the top of the bolt... Its pushing the top Big o ring the one you can see that seal the cap to the bore...its pushes it out both side lol

I ordered the new cap just now.....

+1
    Order a new bolt o-ring as well.

Thread Information