Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Powershot/ R2Reflash Vs Motec400

Just a question I would like to know before I drop the $$$$.
    Most guys on here that are running 85+mph on there FZR/FZS are using the Motec. Is it possible to reach speeds of 85+ with the right mods and just a R&D powershot/ R2Reflash?
    I don't think I've seen anybody here that has accomplished that. If I'm wrong, can someone please shime in and tell me that it is possible. Thanks!
    Sorry if this question sounded retarded.. This is all new to me... Lol..

Franky G.

+1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKY G View Post
    Just a question I would like to know before I drop the $$$$.
    Most guys on here that are running 85+mph on there FZR/FZS are using the Motec. Is it possible to reach speeds of 85+ with the right mods and just a R&D powershot/ R2Reflash?
    I don't think I've seen anybody here that has accomplished that. If I'm wrong, can someone please shime in and tell me that it is possible. Thanks!
    Sorry if this question sounded retarded.. This is all new to me... Lol..

Franky G.
    82-83 with the R2, almost same setup with the Vipec 88mph.

+1
    In theory they should produce very similar results

But the tuning capability is very different

The Vipec allows you to change any parameter in the map Riva provides

With the reflash you can really only tune the fuel levels by adjusting pressure, adjusting the very limited powershot settings or by changing injector size

... what a great tan she has.

+1
    "82-83 with the R2, almost same setup with the Vipec 88mph"

556SBR, any comments or thoughts on why such a difference?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    "82-83 with the R2, almost same setup with the Vipec 88mph"

when the r3 comes out we are supposed to go to bigger injectors and run on race fuel. for the amount of money/ or lack of investment your bang for your buch is pretty good with the r2 reprogramming.

556SBR, any comments or thoughts on why such a difference?
    i am not a programmer so the plug and go option was my best bet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    i am not a programmer so the plug and go option was my best bet.
    I'm not a programmer and I was going to go a R2/powershot setup. I've just been offered a nice priced ViPec with little use. Also seeing the new maps and surport off everyone off GreenHulk , I may take the JUMP to ViPec.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieFZR View Post
    I'm not a programmer and I was going to go a R2/powershot setup. I've just been offered a nice priced ViPec with little use. Also seeing the new maps and surport off everyone off GreenHulk , I may take the JUMP to ViPec.
    i was told that the r2 re programming is a better performer than the vipec!!!!!!
    just relaying info that i heard on greenhulk....

+1
    I had this exact same dilemma a little while ago. Personally, if I had a ton of money, I would go MoTeC (or maybe Vipec). However, I don't have unlimited money allocated for my ski so I went with the R2.

Will probably end up with a MoTeC some day. Haven't really been around Riva enough to hop right on the wagon for their ECU--although I would think it's great. MoTeC has been around here with their ECU quite a while longer and their support has been impressive--at least to me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    i was told that the r2 re programming is a better performer than the vipec!!!!!!
    just relaying info that i heard on greenhulk....
    You have to understand that neither one is better than the other. They both will accomplish whatever you are expecting to get out of them. The only way to go wrong with either, is by having unreasonable expectations. If you truly know what you want to accomplish/what your goals are with your ski, then the choice is simple. If you're not sure, then you probably don't know enough to make the right decision.

Craig is someone who realized this and made the right decision for himself, at that point in time. If in the future, he decides the Motec is what he needs, then he will know enough to know EXACTLY why he really needs to jump to a standalone system. And of those system's, Motec has proven to have the most potential. Stuff is top of the line and the support is unmatched, and that's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    You have to understand that neither one is better than the other. They both will accomplish whatever you are expecting to get out of them. The only way to go wrong with either, is by having unreasonable expectations. If you truly know what you want to accomplish/what your goals are with your ski, then the choice is simple. If you're not sure, then you probably don't know enough to make the right decision.

Craig is someone who realized this and made the right decision for himself, at that point in time. If in the future, he decides the Motec is what he needs, then he will know enough to know EXACTLY why he really needs to jump to a standalone system. And of those system's, Motec has proven to have the most potential. Stuff is top of the line and the support is unmatched, and that's the truth.

I want to be in the 85+speeds. I Would like to save a little money in getting there, but I need to know for sure that the Powershot/ R2 can get me there the same way a Motec or Vipec with all the right upgrades to back it. I don't mind saving the extra cash to get the Motec or Vipec if that's the only hope to get me to 85mph solid...

Thanks! Feanky G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information