Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Ceramic Washer FISHING

BRP basically told me thanks for my money and buying a S*%TTY product, its up to you to pay big $$$$$ to get it fixed or do it myself.

I have a place I can pull the engine, I plan on sending the sc OUT, so how do I pull the engine? I have found no step by step way to do this along with pictures of what the parts are called so im not removing the wrong thing. THen when and if I do get it out, how far do I go at pulling the engine apart to get these washers out? WHat do I have to replace, and do i need any speacial tools to do it?

+1
    also I dont want to have to rebuild my sc every 100 hours.. NO ONE TOLD ME THAT EVERY 100 hours would be like buying a new ski.. any suggestions?

Check out The How To Section, For engine removal,rebuild, and installation tips check this thread out http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46618.
    Good Luck

Banned User
    +1
    your gonna have to rebuild it ever 100hrs end of story. that thing spins at 40000 rpms its just what you do. some would probably recommend sooner then that if your checking it often and it show signs of wear! sorry about you shitty deal though!!

+1
    Unfortionatly the SCer issue is not something new... And yes.you should rebuild your Scer after 100 hours..This IMO is a small price to pay VS a blown engine do to Scer failure..Most Scers turn in access of 40,000 + RPMS ant 8100 and 60-70,000 RPMs at higher engine speeds..So IMO rebuilding the Scer at every 100 hours isn that big of deal.

I pew pew lazors
    Good luck man. In my ignorance I purchased my RXP with an already blown supercharger. The guy had no clue it was blown and rode it all over the lake for god knows how long. The ceramic I ended up pulling out of it was in extremely small chunks and the rest was absolute dust. I probably got 20 small chunks that made up about 1 1/2 washers. I never found the rest of the 2nd washer. My assumption is that it was powder/dust that I found in the oil pumps, filter, etc.

There's no "easy" way of fishing these things out. You pull both sides of the engine, read as many How To posts, visit Sears half a dozen times, and just turn the wrench on a weekend. The information is here on the site, just use the Advanced Search feature.

If you're in a bind and need help please post pictures and I guarantee you'll have people here helping you out. This community is an asset that I've learned to appreciate greatly.

+1
    well i guess i'll start.. is the riva charger something that you have to rebuild too, or is there a aftermarket sc that i would not have to rebuild

+1
    ALL SC need rebuild at 100hr maybe even befor that. there a wear item kind like a clutch in a bike or car or brakes.

if you average

50mph for 100hrs = 5000miles you put on the ski so not bad when you think about it.

whats that old saying oh ya speed isnt cheap ya gotta pay to play

+1
    cars dont have to have their sc built all the time.. whats the difference

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information