Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Question Power valve help!!!

whztz up fellow members... im a lil worried about a weird finding yesterday when i was open up my power valve in my 02 1200gpr due to a lack of speed... i was just doing about 54-58 top speed i found out that my power valve where really dirty but the biggest problem was that the one in the middle cylinder was off the clip so it was diconnected.. i try to putt it back but it seems not to come up to reach the clip ill try cleanning even more and i gat it to go up a lil more.... im worried about if it may be bent or anithing due to been all the way down for who knowss how long or whats the problem that i doesnt wanna come up...... and also another question i put it the more i could up but i left it disconnected so im worried if it would damage or do anitning if i leave it in the up--- or open position due to is stuck at the open position now!!!!!

+1
    i just put everithing back and im revving way more now than before but im still worried about that middle power valve leaving it in the open position becouse i couldnt put it down again

+1
    You need to install Wave eater clips. If it were me, i would inspect all pv's, check for wear, replace if needed. You dont want one dropping! Did the valve break were the pin goes through?

+1
    i would definitly buy the wave eater clips and not it wasnt broken... and when u say inspect all of them u mean open up the cylinders becouse i check them by the clips they all look good now after the cleaning except the #2 which stay stuck in the open position all the other ones open and close as they should.....

+1
    So you took the pv shaft couplers off and checked each one by itself? or did you just take the bolt out of #2 so the shaft only moves 1 and 3

+1
    best guess

you are either missing the pin that goes across the top of the valve

this pin is what the arm grabs thatt moves the valve up and down

or

you are missing the small screw that holds the power valve arm to the rod that rotates

+1
    Yes woody i remove the screw from the clip so only 1 and 3 moves becouse #2 is in the up position...

+1
    whatz up phillip i do have everithing that maked the valve moves but the problem is that that the one in cylinder #2 gat stuck in the open position so i remove the screw from the clip so only 1 and 3 are working now but my question is there any problem with #2 been in the open position for regular riding before it was at the close position due to been off the clip and i wasnt going too fast now i feel more revvingg from the ski....??????

+1
    Well, try and remove it, inspect the pv track for unusual wear, replace the valve. I think i have some used ones, if i do, ill send it your way. This is a 1200 non ported correct. I would try lightly tapping it back down to see if you can break it loose. Be easy though, post up pictures of the valve when you get it out. Any questions, gimme a call 775-315-0222
    Also, use penetrating oil to help it come out.

+1
    Thanks woody yea is a 1200 non ported so in order to remove the valve i would have to remove the cylinder rite???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information