+1

thinking about deleting both waterboxes on a 07 15F

Just wondering about deleting both water boxes a.k.a. mufflers on a 07 15f on a budget. Thinking about using this flexable rubber hose i have seen on some of the inboard boats with the wet exhaust. Any thoughts or advise on this??? Any sensors that might need to be relocated??? Has anybody done anything like this before?? I'm up for suggestions, Looking mainly to loose weight and gain a few more mph.

I have installed a solas 14/21 impeller and a ride plate and modified the intake grate. Any comments or suggestions??

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    the only thing you will have to deal with if you keep the exhaust routing the same go up and over and cross like you would with the waterboxes) is getting a bung welded for the waterlines

I say go for it, it will be really loud but you can always put it back

Sean

I thought about doing this on my 15F, any idea if there is really any benefit to it smokey? I deleted my secondary waterbox and didn't really notice anything performance wise...does sound sweeter though!

+1
    [QUOTE=smokeysevin;1396029]the only thing you will have to deal with if you keep the exhaust routing the same go up and over and cross like you would with the waterboxes) is getting a bung welded for the waterlines

I say go for it, it will be really loud but you can always put it back

Sean[/QUote

Thats what i was thinking , if my old ass could stand the noise lol. Would i get the same results drilling a hole inside the main muffler or delete both ? At this point its just a idle mind working overtime. Welding a bung for the waterlines wouldn't be a big deal. I would probably end up with alot of WTF looks lol.

+1
    you could always do the same thing the seadoo guys do and run the stainless muffler in line. as far as results go its a crapshoot, i found out the other day that after you mod thses skis, if you add a little more fuel (by upping the fuel pressure a few psi) the skis run much better

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    you could always do the same thing the seadoo guys do and run the stainless muffler in line. as far as results go its a crapshoot, i found out the other day that after you mod thses skis, if you add a little more fuel (by upping the fuel pressure a few psi) the skis run much better

Sean
    By adding fuel psi are you refering to the black injecters or by reflashing the ecu? I'm hearing about a company that makes aftermarket type high flow mufflers for marine applications but when i ask about who it is they can't remember a name. One person said they thought it was DG or D&G but they wasn't sure.

If i could find a way of reflashing the ecu i would give that a shot. The ski right now is running a solid 66 mph on my gps, I have put on a impeller and a ride plate and thats about it. If i could get close to say 68 to 70 , hell i would be happy with that lol.

+1
    no just by taking the fuel pressure up to around 45 psi it really helped on my 12f, the ecu uses an alpha n map when at high throttle positions, this does not take into account modifications and uses a fixed amount of fuel at certain rpms and throttle positions, so by making the engine flow more air and not increasing fuel, the motor leans out. if you add more fuel it makes the motor run better.

I think the seadoo and yamaha guy use gibson stainless mufflers

as far as benefits go I couldnt tell you what is better the cut stock one or straight pipe

Sean

+1
    http://www.verociousmotorsports.com/...l-Race-Muffler

there is the link, thanks to rossnemo for getting back to me on it

Sean

How do you increase the fuel pressure on a 12F?

+1
    sorry for missing this but you take the in tank regulator out of the fuel pump, and then run an external fuel pressure regulator on the return line to the tank

Sean

Thread Information