Need Help Troubleshooting Water Leak

I have a 99 1100 zxi and a 2000 Ultra 150 that been out of the water since May of last year, no water. Now it is time to play, both run great, and I am leaking water into the hull with no visual of a leak. Ran both skies on the hose do not see a leak, but just back them into the water on the trailer for a few minutes and I will drain out a couple of cups of water out. New seals on plugs, all clamps are tight, etc, even put some water in hull through a water hose, tilted trailer up and I dont see one drip. Where could this water be coming from, , been dealing with this for a couple of days.
    Anybody have a suggestion of where to look, I am all out of ideas. Thanks!

First place I would check is where the driveshaft goes through the hull. Dry it up around that area, and drop it in the water for a few minutes and watch that area carefully. It is not super easy to see all the way around it, but if you got a small inspection mirror and a flash light, you could probably see all around it.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    +1, most likely the bearing support has started to separate, that leak is sometimes hard to see. It's a really poor design, a little more thought could have made is virtually bulletproof.

light it up really well. Squirting some baby powder in that area makes a leak much easier to spot, since it could be a little trickle unless somebody is sitting on the ski

Thanks guys I will give it a try and see what I can see

+1
    The drain plugs on my Ultra leaked when they got old. I replaced them with washers from a garden hose. Fits perfect, they're firm enough that they are easy to tighten/loosen, and they don't leak.
    Last edited by steve45; 04-20-2010 at 09:50 PM.

+1
    tilt the nose up on the railer a little and fill the hull up so that water is over the thru hull fitting. Then crawl under and find out where the water is leaking from. It might take awhile. It may also be leaking where the sponsons bolt to the hull. If it is a static leak, then filling the hull with water should pinpoint it. A dynamic leak is basically a cooling sytem leak and can usually be found on the hose with the engine runing, but sometime you need to back the trailer into the water and start the boats up.

Thread Information