Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    tx
    Posts
    530

    Smile How to remove fuel pump on fzr to install r&d fpr

    Can someone share your trick what to remove to take the fuel pump out? seem like too cramp below. Mine friend try to install R&D FPR, but has a hard time to take out the fuel pump. Many thanks

    Calvin


  2. #2
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by XRIDER View Post
    Can someone share your trick what to remove to take the feul pump out? seem like too cramp below. Mine friend try to install R&D FPR, but has a hard time to take out the feul pump. Many thanks

    Calvin
    Not hard Calvin remove the front access panel and remove the nuts from the front then the rest you can reach in from the engine side and take the rest out.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    tx
    Posts
    530
    he did remove the panel, but still had a hardtime to takeout the pump

    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Not hard Calvin remove the front access panel and remove the nuts from the front then the rest you can reach in from the engine side and take the rest out.

  4. #4
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by XRIDER View Post
    he did remove the panel, but still had a hardtime to takeout the pump
    Always turn it a little clockwise (about 90 degrees). This allows the float to be at the bottom. I can usually get it about 95% of the way out from the front. Then I nudge it out the rest of the way from the back.

  5. #5
    Addicted Member 5001craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northeast Indiana
    Posts
    2,924
    +1
    11
    And does the fuel tank REALLY need to be less than 3/4?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    tx
    Posts
    530
    thanks for the info, will try it again tomorrow


    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Always turn it a little clockwise (about 90 degrees). This allows the float to be at the bottom. I can usually get it about 95% of the way out from the front. Then I nudge it out the rest of the way from the back.

  7. #7
    Bounty Hunter Carlos Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Leandro, CA
    Posts
    1,401
    +1
    22
    Why are you removig the fuel pump with the R&D setup? It bolts on top and plugs in. I believe te RIVA one requires removal.

  8. #8
    gordon lasiter #328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    katy, texas , United States
    Posts
    1,647
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    Why are you removig the fuel pump with the R&D setup? It bolts on top and plugs in. I believe te RIVA one requires removal.
    the fuel pump is inside the tank......
    the r&d f.p.r. mounts on top.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    tx
    Posts
    530
    my friend said, he need to block off stock fpr at the fuel pump to install R&D fpr, the guage will bolt on the top is for tune.


    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    Why are you removig the fuel pump with the R&D setup? It bolts on top and plugs in. I believe te RIVA one requires removal.

  10. #10
    Bounty Hunter Carlos Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Leandro, CA
    Posts
    1,401
    +1
    22
    I get it. The block off.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How to Remove and repair Ficht fuel pump on 2002 polaris virage txi
    By john8873 in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-26-2016, 11:36 AM
  2. how to test my fuel pump on my msx 150 ???
    By isaacv375 in forum MSX/Matrix
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 10:39 AM
  3. How to remove fuel pump on fzr to install r&d fpr
    By XRIDER in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 01:25 PM
  4. How To Remove Fuel Tank On GSX LTD To Clean
    By Mik72e in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 02:22 AM
  5. How to install the amp/speakers in the waverunner
    By picaflor in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 01:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •