Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Rebuilding carbs

hello everyone i was told this was a great site to get help. i got a polaris sl750 1993 and just wanted to know how hard is it to rebuild the carbs on that machine before i jump in to that and try that this weekend? anything i need to watch out for? dont want to half ass it all new parts and the hole deal the shop down the street said to re use the springs and the rest to replace? what is the tuning spec? is there anything i need to watch out for please let me know never done this before they are the 38mm mukine carbs i think you for your time

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

The link below will take you to lots of useful info, including about your Mikuni carbs.

We also have Technical sections within the Polaris forum, like this one that you just posted in.

Between the Search function, and lots of reading, almost everything you need is in here somewhere.

While rebuilding the carb, you will want to update to the triple outlet fuel pump.

up date

yes i got the triple out let pump just not to sure how to hooke it up whats teh inlet for the fuel and what is the vacuum line? is there anything elis i need to do since the motor is out of the ski at the time and i was going to replace all the rubber lines and take the t-stat out

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by freemandino25 View Post
    ...just not to sure how to hook it up...
    Just keep searching and reading. It's almost all in here somewhere

Arrow up date

i think you for helping me out

As you asked "what should i check for".

Definitely check that the high speed jet and the low speed jet is the correct ones on all the carbs for your boat. previous owners inter change them for other/different altitudes or modifications.

replace all the pop off springs make sure they are of the correct gram.

the needle seat might look good at the seat but internally they go bad.

get yourself a pop off gauge and start popping..........! with wd-40

Arrow

i hook the pop off tool to the fuel line going in to the carb and hold tha carb upsize down and pump pressure in to it to see when the needle comes off the seat is that right i just guessed? maybe you can grade it on a curve lol

yup thats right. as long as the fuel filter inside the carb is not clogged it'l give you the right reading. also the needle should be soaked of/with wd40 as if it would be soaked of premix going through your carb.

it dont matter which side up you hold the carb. up side down, right side up etc. just read the scale when it pops and it should constantly read the same as per specification.

remember other previous owner to the boat change springs and jets and even bend the pop off arm to set the correct pop off pressure.

though you have the right pop off pressure indicating on the meter/scale not necesarily you'll have the correct spring/gram.

So thats why check for the correct spring and jets on all the carbs. and that the needle is not falling apart too.

what is the right pop off pressure for a 93 polaris sl 750??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information