Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    46

    Help me with my 2007 250X Power Issues?!

    So I just bought a 2007 Kawasaki 250x at a powersports auction with only 4 hours on it...it's pristine. The problem is...I put it in the water today and it only went 50mph and I know thats not all its suppoed to do. Any ideas?


  2. #2
    H20 addicted Blu_Boost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu,AZ
    Posts
    302
    Try replacing spark plugs maybe. NGK pmr9 is the oem replacement, check out amazon there cheap. Also check out the spark plugs when you remove them for signs of corrosion and other bad stuff.

  3. #3
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,158
    +1
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by nceduc8r View Post
    So I just bought a 2007 Kawasaki 250x at a powersports auction with only 4 hours on it...it's pristine. The problem is...I put it in the water today and it only went 50mph and I know thats not all its suppoed to do. Any ideas?
    need RPM's to make it a bit easier
    the crystal ball is a bit dirty at the minute

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    ausralia
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by nceduc8r View Post
    So I just bought a 2007 Kawasaki 250x at a powersports auction with only 4 hours on it...it's pristine. The problem is...I put it in the water today and it only went 50mph and I know thats not all its suppoed to do. Any ideas?

    check that u dont have the slow key in will say on dash display SLO...

  5. #5
    DavyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    108
    I would change the plugs first , factory plugs are horrible .
    I don't think the slow key will get upi past 40ish !

  6. #6
    Check and see if there is a supercharger attached to the engine.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago; Loudon,TN
    Posts
    302
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DavyBoy View Post
    I would change the plugs first , factory plugs are horrible .
    I don't think the slow key will get upi past 40ish !
    What's wrong with the oem plugs and what do suggest for replacement?
    Generally oem plugs are the best you can get.

  8. #8

    CR9EKB

    Plugs are the first place to look as others stated ... I had the same issue, don't use OEM, use

    CR9EKB


    Much better and way less expensive

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    46
    ok so I am going to pick up the sparkplugs today. As an fyi I did have the orange key in so it was definitely the one for full power. I had no idea that a spark plug would cause it to limit in power to 50 mph? I'm hoping this is the case. I will change them out then test it again and look at the rpm's so I can have more information for those who may know the cause. Again this ski ONLY has 4 hours!

  10. #10
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    how do you know it only went 50mph? was the engine running rough? rpms will help much more with your problems, go get em

    Quote Originally Posted by nceduc8r View Post
    ok so I am going to pick up the sparkplugs today. As an fyi I did have the orange key in so it was definitely the one for full power. I had no idea that a spark plug would cause it to limit in power to 50 mph? I'm hoping this is the case. I will change them out then test it again and look at the rpm's so I can have more information for those who may know the cause. Again this ski ONLY has 4 hours!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Please help me with my rxp!
    By jpesh in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 09:29 PM
  2. Check out who helped me with my ski!!!
    By GeoRXT in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 09:34 PM
  3. Help me with my next mod!
    By Yellow93 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 11:07 PM
  4. Can anyone help me with my impeller shaft and new prop?
    By ccassone in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 03:45 PM
  5. Sombody PLEASE help me with my @#$%@# pump!
    By NeVerMind in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 03:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •