Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

R&D R2 and Riva E1

So whats the verdict on the R2 and E1 ?

I just sent my ECU for the R2, Powershot, Intercooler w/BOV, RRFPR, Engine cooling upgrade, 160mm ect (amongst other things ) but not sure on the s/c wheel.

The R2 is slated to run up to 17 lbs of boost but can it really handle a E1?

I dont want to buy a C3 or B1 when I can use the money to buy a bigger wheel and prop one time.

+1
    I can tell you that the stock MAP sensor stops reading boost at around 195-205 kpa, which is roughly 15 pounds of boost, so you decide if the R2 specifically supports the 16+ pound E1 wheel.

I can also tell you that at around 15-16 pounds of boost the stock injectors are at or over 100% duty cycle.

+1
    Would injectors and the upgraded MAP sensor be the answer then? If so which injectors?

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan FZR View Post
    Would injectors and the upgraded MAP sensor be the answer then? If so which injectors?
    You would probably need R&D to map the ecu for larger injectors though, I think the R2 is made to work with stock injectors.

+1
    the powershot is programmed to deal with the fact the map sensor only reads to 15 lbs, it does this by intercepting the signal and keeping it below 5 volts so the ECU thinks all is well - if the ECU sees 5 volts it assumes the MAP sensor has failed (Note : I am not sure when they started programming the powershot to do this - earlier versions may or may not have this feature)

you can use a RRFPR to increase / decrease fuel to the motor

if you have a RRFPR then you can also upgrade the injectors to a larger size and fine tune the fuel to the motor by altering fuel pressure (either up or down) this provides only a limited amount of adjustability so you can't change the injector size too dramatically

the powershot also provides some ability to alter the fuel
    Last edited by philip_gpr; 04-20-2010 at 08:46 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    in theory it can be made to work

the powershot is programmed to deal with the fact the map sensor only reads to 15 lbs, it does this by intercepting the signal and keeping it below 5 volts so the ECU thinks all is well - if the ECU sees 5 volts it assumes the MAP sensor has failed (Note : I am not sure when they started programming the powershot to do this - earlier versions may or may not have this feature)

you can use a RRFPR to increase / decrease fuel to the motor

if you have a RRFPR then you can also upgrade the injectors to a larger size and fine tune the fuel to the motor by altering fuel pressure (either up or down) this provides only a limited amount of adjustability so you can't change the injector size too dramatically

the powershot also provides some ability to alter the fuel
    I agree with all this, but it just sounds like a lot of guessing and checking with lots of tweaking required. I just can't get comfortable with the idea of doing it that way.

Banned User
    +1

R-3

Hope fully we will have a R-3 reflash that has 2 bar map sensor and bigger injector to dell with the extra boost.

E1

So It is possible to use the R2 with the E1 or we should have to wait for thr R3 ???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmalfarhan View Post
    So It is possible to use the R2 with the E1 or we should have to wait for thr R3 ???
    I'm using it. So far without issues. Just keep an eye on your air/fuel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    I can tell you that the stock MAP sensor stops reading boost at around 195-205 kpa, which is roughly 15 pounds of boost, so you decide if the R2 specifically supports the 16+ pound E1 wheel.

I can also tell you that at around 15-16 pounds of boost the stock injectors are at or over 100% duty cycle.
    2 bar = 29psi - 14.7psi(101.325kPa, or one standard atmosphere at sea level) = 14.3psi

From what I understand, a FPR set for rising rate will continue to add fuel pressure past what the 2 bar sensor can read, but won't do anything to reduce duty cycle. I've been told using larger injectors does not change duty cycle since the reflased ECU doesn't recognize the difference. I guess it's fine if you don't run for extended times at WOT, but if it were me I'd spring for an aftermarket ECU with the bigger boost wheels...ECU's are cheaper than engines.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information