SeaDoocer

How many hours out of metal washers

I know I asked this question in another post but couldn't remember where I posted it..
    On the new 06 metal washers how many hours can you expect out of it? Thanks

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    SOMETIMES on the initial setup or breakin they made need a shim... if not just ride, IF it starts to slip u add a shim..

the catch now is that ultimately the washers will never go bad bc u can keep adding shims... however, how long until you have bearing failure?

some of the more prudent people are rebuilding the superchargers every 100 hours as maintenance even with metal washers... it's a gamble

there's some stock clutches out there with 200+ hours on original bearings, but then there's the few that let loose after 30 hours, 50 hours, or whenever for no rhyme or reason... i guess if bearings are letting go then they have a oil lubrication problem? got me...

+1
    I thought the washers were slipping but it turned out to be the oil, castrol GTX, i now have 70 hours on a set of steel washers and still running 8050 with no shims. 115 hours on the 05 set up. These are the uncoated washers that Jerry has and there is vertually no wear on them yet!!! 72.9 on a rive stage I !!!!!!!!! 125 Hours and counting! Why are these not in the factry S/C?

SeaDoocer
    thanks Shib,
    I actually know someone here in Phoenix that I met through my dealer who races and they use special shims for all 10 of their racing ski's...He will be back in town this coming week and has been nice enough to let me come by and will show me how to change it out and do the shims. Also will show me the bearing change out procedure..I just had my clutch changed out and upgraded to the Rotax h/p but still am not getting my rpms back..I want to be able to do it myself and will be ordering Jerry's metal washers.
    Tennessee, what do you mean it was the Castrol(is that good or bad?)? Shib is this still the oil we should be using? I have been changing mine every 15 hours..

SeaDoocer
    Oh, and when/where do I use the code word "Greenhulk" when ordering??...I didn't see anything when I went to check out.

+1
    You put it here, but keep in mind that the coupon code works only for the RIVA items. Everything else is discounted up front.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	8245  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDoocer
    Shib is this still the oil we should be using?
    No! You need to be using the BRP non synthetic oil.

SeaDoocer
    Then why does PPG claim Castrol is ok? Just curious..still learning this stuff.

+1
    I used to claim Castrol GTX was okay too, but after 2+ years of testing i too saw that it can contribute to premature supercharger slipping.

Thread Information