+1

Last min oil pump questions and power valve gp1200r

hey guys i just got done with a carb rebuild and i never marked the oil pump cable, problem is i cant get the D pipe out to check the lines so i was looking at my cable and there is a black sharpie mark on it that i didnt put there, so im assuming that is where the factory marked it. has anyone had a similar experice? i set it so the edge of the sharpie was at the edge of the cable sleeve so the entire mark is still showing, and it runs out of the water so far fine and a pretty fair amount of smoke comes out so would it be safe to bet that itl be ok? And my other question is, my powervalve servo's screw came out and i put it back in and the standard cycle after the engine shuts off is present i see the valves move. But out of the water when i rev the engine i dont see the powervalves moving? is that normal? or does it have to be in the water? thanks alot

+1
    i most likely will leave the cable where it is now its pretty smokey and it have faith since it was marked before, but i zip tied the oil lines back on the barbs as tight as i can get them, would it be worth my time to pull the stinger again and put some squeeze on barb clamps?

+1
    The smart thing to do Is take off the oil pump and pre-mix your fuel. Save your self some money down the road. A $10 dollar fix to no worry!

+1
    right, but its a bitch to do the motors gotta come out... and as long as its adjusted right (hope it is) then it wont ever cause me a problem. the oil lines wont come off im sure of it not the way i have them on.

+1
    No the motor does'nt have to come out. If you have good hands you can do it with the U pipe installed. Or just remove the 6 bolts on the U pipe and get it out of the way. Done!

+1
    hmm, is there a diy anywhere for this? i will consider it but i still do like the oil injecton system, thanks for the help btw. and if i decide to keep it, would you leave the cable set where it is now? im assuming thats the factory setting.

Thread Information