Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recommendations for grips, upgrades for blaster

I've had a 96 waveblaster for about 3 years and it's been great.

It's bone stock and has been completely trouble free. I just stick new plugs in every year, lube cables, and ride it.

That said, the hand grips are original and are totally worn down. Can anyone recommend a good replacement that fits well with the stock bars and throttle?

Also, are there any other must-have upgrades I should do? I was thinking a new impeller might improve performance a bit, but not sure. I don't care about top end, just looking for maximum initial thrust.

Last thing, is there any other kind of maintenance I should be doing on the ski? Is there anything else that needs to be lubed or replaced on a regular basis?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I just read that this was supposed to go in the old school category rather than 2-stroke. Fail of a first post, sorry.

heya
    my thoughts....

leave it stock
    get the prop pitched down
    ODI Rogue grips are great we sell about 5 pairs a week.
    make sure you are lubing the coupler bearing via the grease nipple.

enjoy it

Blaster advice needed - grips, upgrades

I've had a 96 waveblaster for about 3 years and it's been great.

It's bone stock and has been completely trouble free. I just stick new plugs in every year, lube cables, and ride it.

That said, the hand grips are original and are totally worn down. Can anyone recommend a good replacement (brand and size) that fits well with the stock bars and throttle?

Are there any other must-have upgrades I should do? I was thinking a new impeller might improve performance a bit, but not sure. I don't care about top end, just looking for maximum initial thrust.

I am open to other performance mods, but don't want to affect the reliability too much if possible.

Also, is there any other kind of maintenance I should be doing on the ski? Is there anything else that needs to be lubed or replaced on a regular basis?

Finally, I am looking to add a second blaster this year since my sons are now old enough to ride and I think we'll be fighting for the blaster vs. the big 4-stroke kawi we have also. If you know of a nice Blaster in the Central TX area, please let me know. I'll pay a good price if I can find another nice one.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

+1
    Welcome

I am not the person to help you with impeller ideas, that's just not my area.

What I can say is this, Pipe, jetting, flame arrestor, rideplate, intake grate.

Pipe- Factory Pipe Mod Pipe will be one of the top, if not top choice. Their Limited pipe would be better with stock compression.

Jetting- Check Factory Pipe's website for their recommendations.

Flame arrestor- K&N is the standard

Ride plate- depends on type of riding. Jet Dynamics is the one most look for, and is very hard to find.

Intake grate- Jet Dynamics also.

The above two really depend on what type of riding and what you want the machine to do.

Grips- I use ODI and another brand, that now I am forgetting. I have some Rivas, don't really like them.

Maintenance, best bet is get a copy of the manual and read it thru. I think there is one online somewhere. I have printed copies fom the dealer myself.

ODI rogues hands down, 120mm, you can get them from various locations but here is the set I am talking about http://www.odigrips.com/roguepwclock-ongrips120mm.aspx

+1
    96 Blaster 1 or Blaster 2?

+1
    Which ever ones you get, you will have a better feel if they have a larger diameter. Having bigger grips is like the difference between riding with gloves and without them.

As far as mods for a blaster, wellllllllllll......

Increase compression to 150 psig., rejet the carb., and put an aftermarket pipe on it. You think you have a fun boat now!!! With these mods, it turns into a completely different boat!

It does everything better and it is still reliable!

Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    96 Blaster 1 or Blaster 2?

Blaster 1

+1
    I've got ODI Ruffians on my sj and hurricane, I like a smaller grip. Odi lock on style grips are 100% better thean any glue on grip, especially on a PWC. You always manage to twist the end off 1st on the glue ons, next thing you know, you are highsiding because a grip came all the way off.

Oh yeah, get a freestyle cone, improves low end and midrange noticeably, don't have to mess with the motor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information