Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1995 seadoo xp radio

sorry for all the questions just have some extra money and wanna put it in the ski anyway is it possible to hook a radio and two speakers up to my 95 xp 720???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by depps6860 View Post
    sorry for all the questions just have some extra money and wanna put it in the ski anyway is it possible to hook a radio and two speakers up to my 95 xp 720???
    where are you planning to install the radio and speakers?and batt can not handle sa extra load.

This is something i have researched A LOT. There are plenty of times when i am out skiing for the day and decide to take a break and float around in a cove. To me it would be amazing to have some music. There are many different options and you have to decide which one to take.

Speakers:

1) You can use sonic stick ons that turn almost anything into a speaker. Most people will stick it on the inside of the hood making the hood a speaker
    -Not waterproof but cheap

2) Waterproof speakers that mount externally to your hull.
    -More expensive but may require drilling into your hull.

Amps:
    This is where the decision gets tricky

1) Buy a battery powered amp. Runs off 8 AAA and will get you about 5 hours of listening. (I have also seen some usb chaging amps which are pretty neat) These are about $70 though. Good part is there is no strain on the jet ski battery. Bad part is they are not waterproof So you will have to buy some waterpoof bag to store it in and also making sure it is ok to operate like this(heat issues).

2). Waterproof amp. From this point you have to decide how to power it. - -You can either run a line to your jet ski battery. If you go this route i recommend installing some type of warning alarm if the battery gets low. It would be terrible to get stuck in the middle of nowhere because of some music.

-Buy a cheap lawnmower battery and mount it to your hood or hull somewhere. If your worried about squeezing out every ounce of speed then adding the extra weight may not be worth it. Advantage is that the battery only has to be recharged once a month and can power your stereo for that long without taking any drain of the jet ski battery.

Sorry for the long post and hope this helps. Me personally, I am going to research more before i make a decision as there is no clear winner with each pro and con. Good luck!

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    Dude if you want a stereo buy a boat.

yea cuz listening to music would be such a bad idea.....

anyways steeler where did you see those battery powered amps?

a lot of people like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Dayton-DTA-1-C...p_ob_e_title_0

remember though, you will need a waterproof bag check ebay for that

Quote Originally Posted by steelers87 View Post
    a lot of people like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Dayton-DTA-1-C...p_ob_e_title_0

remember though, you will need a waterproof bag check ebay for that
    im goona try this approch let you know how it works thanks and got a link for the usb model?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2CH-500W-USB-Amp...ht_3521wt_1165

but the more i look at it, it might be for usb power out instead. Not sure....Sorry for the mix up. PM me and keep me updated on how it turns out im curious. Which speaker route are you taking?

another option is to opt for a cheaper amp and instead of using 9 AAA batteries put something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-UB1270-batte...ht_2217wt_1165

next to your amp. It would probably last longer and just as easy to recharge.

well i found some waterproof not resistent speakers that are made to mount on jet ski and i planned on just cutting two small holes and sealing them on each side of the ski close to where your knees would be while sitting down

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information