Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

regulator not rising ???

Have a aeromotive regulator that is not rising (verified by remving boost reference).

Took it apart and its nice and clean, the best I can tell its working in reverse (pressure is dropping with and without the boost reference).

A regulator is not new to the setup so I know its right. Since the regulator is mechanical I keep thinking it really can't go bad.

Any ideas ?

Would low voltage impact the fuel pump @ all ? Its flashing 12v low (will charge battery tonight).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Would low voltage impact the fuel pump @ all ? Its flashing 12v low (will charge battery tonight).
    Yes, not enough voltage will cause the fuel pump to not work to full capacity.

+1
    Also wanted to add the ski is running very well just the afr is showing 15 ish

+1

If you are getting 15 afr at WOT stop running the ski until you find the issue.

You can test your RRFPR by using an air compressor set at 10 psi and blowing into the boost reference hose on the RRFPR. With the ski at idle blow into the hose and check for a 10 psi rise in fuel pressure.

+1
    Thanks Jerry we did shut it down so its all good for now.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Trying to conserve fuel... huh ...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Yes, not enough voltage will cause the fuel pump to not work to full capacity.
    +1 weak batt or fuel pump is my guess.

+1
    F
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    +1 weak batt or fuel pump is my guess.
    I was thinking fuel pump?
    If you have way to see fuel pressure you should be able to tell if its the pump.
    What year is the pump?

+1
    Here is a follow up guys...The 12v low issue is 100% gone. Batetry tested fine and its no longer flashing. When we cycle through the codes it just says end (no codes)

Still running Lean 14+++

Set up is this
    (Conversion)
    04 Motor , ET-137sc, 42lb injectors, Stock ECU with RRFPR. Its a Rude tank adapter with Regulator mounted past the injectors

I have run this set up @ MB with a base pressure of 63 and measured the AFR @ 11.9. A couple things have changes since the last good AFR reading. I added the 08 exhaust and measuring the AFR @ the manifold instead of the J-Pipe. Also running the fresh air intake from the f ront rather than the rear.

Fuel pressure is monitored @ both the regulator and remotely. At idle both are showing 60lbs.

When the boost starts to come on (6000 ish) the fuel pressure DROPS to about 42. No matter what base pressure it is dropping.

I would expect it to run a little hot because the temps are low but obviously cant even run it with it the way it is now.

New Walboro seems to be the way to go ? Technically there is about 100 hours on this fuel pump and there is only 30ish on the motor.

+1
    Here is a follow up guys...The 12v low issue is 100% gone. Batetry tested fine and its no longer flashing. When we cycle through the codes it just says end (no codes)

Still running Lean 14+++

Set up is this
    (Conversion)
    04 Motor , ET-137sc, 42lb injectors, Stock ECU with RRFPR. Its a Rude tank adapter with Regulator mounted past the injectors

I have run this set up @ MB with a base pressure of 63 and measured the AFR @ 11.9. A couple things have changes since the last good AFR reading. I added the 08 exhaust and measuring the AFR @ the manifold instead of the J-Pipe. Also running the fresh air intake from the f ront rather than the rear.

Fuel pressure is monitored @ both the regulator and remotely. At idle both are showing 60lbs.

When the boost starts to come on (6000 ish) the fuel pressure DROPS to about 42. No matter what base pressure it is dropping.
    I would expect it to run a little hot because the temps are low but obviously cant even run it with it the way it is now.

New Walboro seems to be the way to go ? Technically there is about 100 hours on this fuel pump and there is only 30ish on the motor.
    I had the same problem and a Walbro solved it. It was O4 with 100 hours. LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information