fuel, spark, compression - no start

I am having trouble getting my 95 Waveraider to start. All three plugs have spark, compression is 120 on all three cylinders. I just replaced the front and rear main seals, put new diaphragms and filters in the carbs, replaced the fuel pump and it still won't fire up. I can even remove the spark plugs and pour fuel straight into the cylinders and it still will not fire. The most I get is a pop out of the exhaust followed by smoke after a few minutes of turning over.

Is there something I am missing? Any ideas? I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone might have. Thank you.

+1
    Unplug the kill wires on the bars "white/black" and try....another thing could be the temp sensor has gone bad putting the CDI in "Limp" mode. What's your voltage while cranking...if it's too low...the spark will be weak

M

I tried unplugging the white/black wire. I will have to check the voltage tomorrow, but I have been keeping a charger on it.

Is there anyway to by-pass the temp sensor?

Thank you for the help.

+1
    Yup....unplug it. It's a normally open circuit...so if you pull the wires from the cdi...it should be non-existant

Thank you for all of your help. It finally started...looks like the wires from the cdi to the coils were mislabeled. The 1 and 3 were reversed. It ran for a few seconds and now while turning it over, it turns then clunks and stops turning and then will continue to turn over. It almost sounds like water is getting in the engine and it hydrolocks for a second and then continues to turn over.

Does this sound possible? The plugs don't seem to be getting wet. Thank you again for the advice.

+1
    Sounds like you have wires switched wrong...you sure that you got them correct? I'm talking about the CDI wires...to the coils

the turning and clunking issue sounds like timing. wires switched as mpeavler suggested. another thing could be the flywheel when you replaced the crank seal. If the key fell off or got pushed off when installing it the flywheel may have rotated on the crank throwing timing off. check the easy stuff first though

Thread Information