Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Right first boat

I am planning on getting a 2009 150 speedster 215 on thursday and had a few questions. what are some things to look out for did the clear up the whole washer thing? I am getting a steal on this boat it is brand new with a 1 yr warranty. It does have the factory tower already installed how hard is that to put down if you have to under a small bridge? Is it easy to wakeboard behind? I have heard that the ecu is retarded for the first 6 hrs and then it starts to open up is this true? Thx
    Rick

Talking

Can't really answer your questions about the newer boat, I have a 2003 Sportster wake edt with the 155 4tec. I'm a 52 year old kid and we love this boat. Good luck and enjoy.............

I picked up the exact boat (red) at our boat show in March. Tower is easy to fold down. Unscrew two bolts, screw the bolts into these rubber feet and lay it down on the hull. I was also worried about the washer thing. Dealer said it's cleared up. I don't think that should stop you from buying. I haven't had mine on the water yet, so, I can't comment on the operational side of things.

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    Easiest thing to do for the Washers is Pull the SC and take a Look for yourself. It's better for you to actually See it YOURSELF, than taking someone else's Word on it if they aren't sure.

It's only 3 or 4 Bolts to Pull the SC.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdrink25 View Post
    what are some things to look out for did the clear up the whole washer thing?
    Yes, They cleared that up in 08

It does have the factory tower already installed how hard is that to put down if you have to under a small bridge? Is it easy to wakeboard behind?
    I don't have the tower but I can rip skiiers, tubers, & wake boarders out of the water with ease. If it ever gets hard to pull a skiier out of the water you probably have a shot wear ring... That shouldn't happen till about 50hrs or so.

I have heard that the ecu is retarded for the first 6 hrs and then it starts to open up is this true?
    More like 10hrs. Its to break the engine in nicely. You'll notice about 5more MPH and a few hundred extra RPM. No big deal.. you can clear that up in a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheElite0ne View Post
    Yes, They cleared that up in 08
    I had a buddy that worked for seadoo dealer call the tech line. They said that seadoo did not start runnin metal washers till 2009 and still a few could of slipped through the line. Anyone actualy have metal washers in 2008?

My 08 had the ceramic washers, best way to find out is to look for yourself.

+1
    most of the boats are a year behind with the motors. so 06 will have the old 05 style motor. 08 boats should have 07 motors. So your 09 should have metal washers as they only make the 08 rebuild kits now. but pull it and check for piece of mind. also you will need to slip check the charger every 25-30hrs.

well here it is!! I am planning on going out on Sunday weather permitting!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	666.4 KB 
ID:	184489  

+1
    nice boat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information