Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Postmen Has Been Again

Got me new bits for me pump rebuild

Wear ring, Impeller removal tool and Bearing kit

Im well happy, gonna run the ski as is this weekend and then next week rebuild the pump, besides it will be my first run on the sea and i wanna get used to it before building the pump back up

Neil

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    That'll make that ski nice and tight again. Will be like new.

Cliffy, make sure to flush your engine, and hose down the rest of your ski after salt water use. That stuff does a number on aluminum if you don't.

Cheers dude, that's y I thought I'd leave fitting b4 my first salt run, I've bought some gear to flush threw it as well to kill the salt off, where I've joined up to laugh there flushing and washing facilitys so straight after use I'll be flushing and cleaning lol

with the new ring do I have to cut out the old one???

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    ...with the new ring do I have to cut out the old one???
    That is an extension wear ring - correct?

In which case, it is a slide together fit between the jet pump base (which is sealed to the hull), and the pump stator.

Corrosion often makes the stator stuck into the extension, but after you get them apart and cleaned up, they will simply fit together with no force required.

Make sure you clean up the mating faces on the pump base and the stator, so there is no corrosion or bumps. How the parts fit together affects the pump alignment, so you want a clean fit.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    That is an extension wear ring - correct?

In which case, it is a slide together fit between the jet pump base (which is sealed to the hull), and the pump stator.

Corrosion often makes the stator stuck into the extension, but after you get them apart and cleaned up, they will simply fit together with no force required.

Make sure you clean up the mating faces on the pump base and the stator, so there is no corrosion or bumps. How the parts fit together affects the pump alignment, so you want a clean fit.
    I thought it was the ring that went around the impeller to close up the gap around the impeller, when I ordered it I said to the guy the wear ring that sitting around the impeller and I want a bearing kit, he replied yeah u don't want the impeller taking chunks out of the new wear ring

Some more pic'sof the part in question

thanks
    Neil

I thought it was the ring that went around the impeller to close up the gap around the impeller, when I ordered it I said to the guy the wear ring that sitting around the impeller and I want a bearing kit, he replied yeah u don't want the impeller taking chunks out of the new wear ring

Those are definatly the right parts, is that a brand new ring?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    There are two different parts that folks call the wear ring.

The wear ring is the section of the jet pump that surrounds the impeller. On a non-extended jet pump (and a Pro 785), the wear ring is also the pump base, which is sealed to the hull.

On an extended jet pump, the entire impeller+stator assembly is moved back four inches (and the drive shaft is also four inches longer).

A separate hollow pump section (Item 25 in the attached diagram) is inserted between pump base (Item 34) and stator. The impeller is now spinning inside the extension section, which means the extension is also the wear ring in an extended pump.

On the Pro 785 model, the drive shaft could not be made longer (due to flexing at the higher RPM), so the extension is located behind the stator, rather than in front on all the other extended pumps. That means the pump base on a Pro 785 is still functioning as the wear ring around the impeller, even though the pump is extended.

When ordering and buying parts, it is important to know which parts you actually need. The online parts diagrams go a long way in this regard. Knowing the part numbers you need, and the part numbers the seller has, is also helpful.

Of course, often enough we know that certain parts can be interchanged, or are an upgrade from an earlier part number. Again, those part diagrams can be a great reference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4117%5C4117B003.gif 
Views:	64 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	184089  

Quote Originally Posted by thester71 View Post
    Those are definatly the right parts, is that a brand new ring?
    wicked stuff

Yep spanking new from WSM parts

Ive just found there ordering pdf on this link
    http://www.wsmparts.com/pdfs/pwc/97-144drive.pdf

K447 have i got the right part?? its to replae this bit with the arrow, im confused.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information