Arrow 1996 speedster cooling question

Ok i know this is for a boat and not a pwc but.... My question is in regards to cooling since they are the same for both. The computer is doing a constant beep and i know that means its over heating. But when i reach in and touch the jugs and head and exh they are warm but not hot. I can hold them and not burn. Ive replaced the sensor thinking it was that but still after a couple of mins of running it comes back on and keeps going until i unplug the key and put it back in. I did notice thou the pisser on one mottor basically dribbles while the other pisser for the second motor is a constant stream. basically one is more stronger of a stream then the other. How would i go about flushing the system out that feeds the pissers? just unhook and blow a air nozzile in them to force anything out if somethen is in there?

+1
    not sure why the computer has a constant beep. is the high temp light on? low oil or gas gauge not working?

as for flushing the pisser, generally debris gets lodged in the 90 degree fittings that come from the exhaust pipe. take them off and blow them out or get a small screw driver to get the crap out.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    not sure why the computer has a constant beep. is the high temp light on? low oil or gas gauge not working?

as for flushing the pisser, generally debris gets lodged in the 90 degree fittings that come from the exhaust pipe. take them off and blow them out or get a small screw driver to get the crap out.
    The speedster guages arnt as good as say my XP info guage. It basically says rpm, fuel lvl, oil warning and speed thats all. I will give that a try tonight on taken the elbows off checking them. So the elbow to take off would be just the one from the exh manifold going to the pisser line or all of them on the exh side.

Ok took all off and they were clean. all lines also are clean. only place i guess there could be somethen is down in the jetpump pick up where it feeds from. any other suggestions? lol

Talking cooling issues

well, short of taking each and every cooling line off and check for blockage,but I am not sure if your temperature sensor (brass plug on the top of the head with the weather pak fitting) that could be bad. try using an ohm meter and check for continuity if there is, chances are the switch is bad. but that would be an easy fix. if that is not the problem, could be fouling in the water jackets. but, you didn't say if you had water coming out the tell tale spouts, to verify that water was flowing through the engine. just trying to eliminate any possibilities here. so, try looking those things over and then go from there.
    HTH,
    Ben

Thread Information