Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

hou many are running 9000 RPM now???

yes i like to know how many people are running 9000 RPM know and what was or is the problem ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpredviper View Post
    yes i like to know how many people are running 9000 RPM know and what was or is the problem ?
    WOW is any fast ski on this forums?

+1
    WOW is any fast ski on this forums?
    there are a few running that sort of rpm but most will not be sharing much. That is high rpm and things in the engine have to be right for reliability. Its those "right" things that keep them ahead of the competition. R88

Even an OEM bottom end should handle 9k RPM's fine. Lightened pistons, and a crank re-balanced for them would ensure such. The main issue with running 9k + RPM's is the valvetrain. I'm fairly certain most people running a 9k redline have changed nothing more than running lightened(Ferrea) valves and a performance/Riva valvetrain kit. I wouldn't run oem springs with just lightened retainers though. Nor would I run a 51 (06+) cam. You'll have less chance of floating a valve with a 28/29 cam as the ramp rate is less aggressive.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostaholic View Post
    Even an OEM bottom end should handle 9k RPM's fine. Lightened pistons, and a crank re-balanced for them would ensure such. The main issue with running 9k + RPM's is the valvetrain. I'm fairly certain most people running a 9k redline have changed nothing more than running lightened(Ferrea) valves and a performance/Riva valvetrain kit. I wouldn't run oem springs with just lightened retainers though. Nor would I run a 51 (06+) cam. You'll have less chance of floating a valve with a 28/29 cam as the ramp rate is less aggressive.
    I agree that the engine can handel it in stock form as in the crank, conrods ect ect but its got to be fresh no good having worn shells ect ect. The engine needs to be healthy in all areas. and needs to be put together well. That is why people like Louis914 can do whole seasons on 1 engine and others can only make them last a few hours. R88

Better using a good RR cam, and porting to suit, then the torque really comes out of the engine.

Got a 9k+ in my 'Doo.

I think the bottom of the motor is as strong as, just the top is roumored to be iffi at this kind of RPM.

Like R88 says, meke sure it is a fresh motor, it eliminates all doubt.

I'm running 9100 ECU on my conversion

+1
    Next thread you need to ask for how many hours before a rebuild.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Next thread you need to ask for how many hours before a rebuild.

+1
    Ran a motor for over a year and 100+ hours with a 9200 ECU without issue. Pump was always propped to be right against the limiter to squeeze out every last bit of boost all the time. Ski was run very hard every weekend and raced evry chance I got. Only internal engine mod was a Riva valvetrain upgrade. Unfortunatly the motor was an 08 and it fell victim to the soft rings they had. Nothing happened other then fuel started getting in the oil. Pistons, bearings looked like brand new. I've had to rebuild 5 of these 08 motors with the same problem and only one other had a 9k ECU.

It has more to do with the tune then the rpms IMO. My ski ran an ET Extreme most of the time making 17+ at 9k and a Race charger after that making 20psi at 9100.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information