J-pipe to waterbox connection quest...

has anyone here had any issues with the rubber hose coupler from the J-pipe to waterbox?
    How long do they last? Thanks...PR...

+1
    PR, I ordered one over a week ago (just to replace the old OEM one), and it's on back order . Mine's an 04' and don't wanna risk a leak. Maybe I should get one made of high temp silicone to replace it with.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp
    PR, I ordered one over a week ago (just to replace the old OEM one), and it's on back order . Mine's an 04' and don't wanna risk a leak. Maybe I should get one made of high temp silicone to replace it with.
    That's a common type of hose at real parts stores that have stuff for trucks too, like $6 a foot.

but has anyone had that hose fail?...PR...

I've had that same type hose between the pipe and water box fail on a two stroke ski before, but everytime it was after a problem with the water regulator that had caused no water to be injected into the exhaust for a few minutes. First time it fried the hose, second time it didn't fail right away when the water regulator acted up but did a few rides later, third time I knew to check that hose and it was blistered on the inside.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    that coupler is exposed to no direct water or exhaust gas... it's only in contact with thermal heat from the pipe and waterbox.. it's going to take ALOT to make one fail whereas older skis actually had them as couplers... on these 4-tecs it's more so just a fasterner to keep the pipe IN the waterbox

never seen one fail yet in hundreds of 4-tecs sold and serviced at our shop.. that's be the last thing i worry about on our skis ever

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    that coupler is exposed to no direct water or exhaust gas... it's only in contact with thermal heat from the pipe and waterbox.. it's going to take ALOT to make one fail whereas older skis actually had them as couplers... on these 4-tecs it's more so just a fasterner to keep the pipe IN the waterbox

never seen one fail yet in hundreds of 4-tecs sold and serviced at our shop.. that's be the last thing i worry about on our skis ever
    Thanks, that`s just what I was looking for! ...PR...

Thread Information