2000 genesis ffi

same ski i have posted about for two years now. trying to figure out what would cause the engine to rev up on its own at starting it goes up to like 3000 or so. cant really recall from last season .i know it was enough for me to not start it again. i know my start stop module is bad it will not shut off with out pulling the lanyard .ziggler has one of those or he did so i can take care of that . but the only thing i can think of is it is sucking air somewhere to rev up like that .intake and reed cage are tight .the second or middle injector was not as tight as it should have been . ive tightened it . have not tried to start it as battery is being charged and the main oil injection line on the tank had a crack so i have to clean it out of the hull first and fix the hose .
    i did ride the ski twice last year it did not start acting up untill i went to store it, i ran it to the water works to make sure everything was good and it started reving up on its own . so i did get at least two good days out of it

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Without going back and re-reading your previous threads, the TPS and EMM are the primary factors in engine RPM.

Unlike a carburetor engine, a Ficht engine is not sensitive to air leaks. In fact, the Ficht throttle plates actually have big holes in it to allow more air through at low throttle levels.

If the TPS is failing, it can signal the EMM an incorrect throttle level.

If the EMM itself has a problem, then it needs to be repaired or replaced.

A properly running Ficht engine will idle at 1150RPM, in or out of the water.

tps

the tps did not change anything when it was un hooked.do you think that the stock aresstor might need cleaning.is ther any way to have the emm checked without sending it out ? and has digital wrench been released to the public or is it dealer only?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The normal way to check an EMM is to swap in a known good unit.

Diagnostics software is dealer only.

Do check the air and water temp senors for correct resistance.

I presume you have confirmed that the throttle cable slack is correct, and the throttle plates are closing properly.

The TPS is correctly installed, with the plastic nub in place on the TPS arm?

tps is set ,throttle is set( slack).5- 1.5mm
    found out where oil was coming from . was not a hose, oil resivoir had been filled to the top of the fill neck so it was coming out at the float on top of the resivoir..happy about that just need to clean it up .checked comp it was 125 in two cyl and 123 in the third so that was good.cut flame arrestor cover on the inside to clear the sensor.was in the posts i read .( cant hurt)
    will check resistance on the sensors you mentioned.i started the ski and it idled at around 2800 (normal) did not run away with the throttle.
    starting to get cloudy today more rain i will try to do more tomorrow.im still reading that service manual.thanks for your help so far

Thread Information