OPAS handling issue???

I recently bought my first ski, a nice used 07 GTX 215 Limited. I love just about everything about. My only issue is that it seems to have this wierd, slow fish tail like feeling when cruising at slow and normal speeds. At WOT it's totally stable. My buddies Yamaha is totally stable at all speeds. Is this because of my OPAS? I hate how "loose" it feels at anything except WOT speeds. My buddies new Yamaha is a hair faster so I need to rectify that as well, lol. Anyone think the nozzle shim would be a good, inexpensive way to pick up a couple mph? Thanks in advance.

It is the OPAS it makes the ski feel loose and unstable at all speeds!! Removing the OPAS is the single best first mod you can do!! Riva has a great kit, Jerry has them in his store!!

+1
    +1...... get rid of the OPAS system, iv`e taken the whole system of both our ski`s.

Alex..

Get rid of the training wheels..... you'll love it. No such thingas a shimming nozzle unless your talking about a wedge and that alone wont give you what your looking for. Save the pennies and go for the gusto. Stg 1 and you'll se how she'll wake up. Careful thou once the bug bites its hard to get rid of the addiction.

Cool, thanks for the replies, fellas. I'll order that kit today... It's a great ski but very "unstable" feeling unless I'm hauling a$$.

+1

GTX Mod's

Just added 4 inch air intake, Riva intake grate, riva pump wedge, filled the ride plate holes, and sent the stock impeller to Impros to repitch on my 2006 GTX LTD. Before the mod's I was running 64.3 MPH on the GPS after the work I am running 67.1 with a full tank of fuel. I blocked off the OPAS earlier due to drifting issues at around 50 MPH.

Quote Originally Posted by moultrie rxp View Post
    Just added 4 inch air intake, Riva intake grate, riva pump wedge, filled the ride plate holes, and sent the stock impeller to Impros to repitch on my 2006 GTX LTD. Before the mod's I was running 64.3 MPH on the GPS after the work I am running 67.1 with a full tank of fuel. I blocked off the OPAS earlier due to drifting issues at around 50 MPH.
    Time to upgrade the S/C.

So exactly what does the OPAS do? From what I understand, they put it there so you can steer when you are not on the throttle. What does it want to do exactly.

Thread Information