Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Replacing Injectors question

Hello-

I have looked in the how-to section and couldn't find anything on replacing the fuel injectors. I'm installing 50 lb. injectors and I wasn't sure if it as simple as removing the fuel rail and pulling the stock ones out and putting the 50's in??? I wasn't sure if there was some other steps that needed to be done or any tricks of the trade so I wanted to ask all of you

Thanks for any responses in advance

+1
    don't run power thru the machine before you do it or else there will be pressure in the lines. remove both bolts holding the rail and it's as simple as removing the clips and pulling them out

+1

Re: Replacing Injectors question

Quote Originally Posted by masta2000
    don't run power thru the machine before you do it or else there will be pressure in the lines. remove both bolts holding the rail and it's as simple as removing the clips and pulling them out

+1

+1
    Make sure you bleed the fuel pressure first, then take the rail off and remove the clips that hold the injectors on one at a time. Use a little vasaline on the orings(both ends) when inserting them back in. Now just reinstall the rail with the injectors already in place and tighten the bolts up then don't forget to plug them in..DONE

+1
    How do you bleed the fuel pressue off the rail?

just follow these, http://www.rivamotorsports.com/instr...0_i_kit_50.pdf

helps a lot! bleed it and make sure no fuel is in the fuel rail, or keep a rag at hand and some fuel may come out of the rail where u pull out the injector. its a very simple process.

Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    Make sure you bleed the fuel pressure first, then take the rail off and remove the clips that hold the injectors on one at a time. Use a little vasaline on the orings(both ends) when inserting them back in. Now just reinstall the rail with the injectors already in place and tighten the bolts up then don't forget to plug them in..DONE
    This works very well. as you push the new injector in twist it back and forth and it will pop right in. keep some extra rags for excess fuel in the line and inspect the o rings very closely for tears in the new o-rings. a tear in an o-ring will screw some shit up.

i got very good at this while tuning my truck. i could swap 8 injectors in 15 minutes. start to finish.

Thank you all for the replies!! This is great information and I'm glad I posted it up because I had no idea about the fuel pressure in the line or any of the above posted information!!!

This helps out a lot

Quote Originally Posted by rxpxfire View Post
    Thank you all for the replies!! This is great information and I'm glad I posted it up because I had no idea about the fuel pressure in the line or any of the above posted information!!!

This helps out a lot
    I see you have the pro series water box... How does it make that thing sound? I bought one for mine but wont get to install it till June. I wanted it to sound as bad as it's going to be! Screw the sleeper stuff!

Jay-It makes the ski sound awesome. Real deep and throaty and bad ass alright!!! I love it and I'm 100% satisfied that I went with it! A lot louder too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information