Thread: Ultra 150 pump

Ultra 150 pump

Im in the middle of pulling apart the pump and now stuck trying to remove the pump cap/cone, I removed the 3 bolts that hold it in place is there a special way to crack the seal to remove.

lebanon tn.
    Twist and pull, you may also use a flat blade srewdriver to pry up ont the mounting ears while twisting. Use caution they will break off.

Thanx for the advice, it worked but took a while.

replaced the o-rings but left the bearings I may need the right tool to take off or take it to a jetski mechanic.

Almost completed the pump replaced the pump case and impeller and put 4 shims spacers and need to purchase more I think it needs 1 more but might get 2 just incase, is this normal requiring 5 or 6 shims to get it right?

Yorkville, IL
    It all depends on your prop. When I took mine apart, I had 3 shims in there and still a lot of clearance, so I took one out and it still had some. I also have an aftermarket prop, so the size may be slightly different than a stocker.

kalskag, alaska, USA
    hey guys, im trying to get a ultra 150 thats been sitting in my friends yard for a few years waiting for some cylinders. but i was wondering, i live way out in bush alaska, and 87 octane is the norm, we say 85 cause it aint new gas, but i was wondering if you both use 92 octane ?, i was thinkig of mixing my regular with av gas to bump up the octane. are these skis as wild as they say??

lebanon tn.
    If all you can get is low grade gas then stay away from raised compression unless you want to mix.

Yes they are a different ride, sometimes its like ridding a pissed off paper plate. That does depend on handling mods.

Thread Information