Need Battery Help

Guys,

My 04 RXP stock battery is still holding up, this winter I put some new acid and water in it and had it on the charger and no problems holds a great charge. Now on the wifes ski, 05 RXT, I did the same thing due to hers being low also but will not hold enough to crank it, I can get the fuel pump to prime and the right beeps then when I try to crank it it just clicks. Now the fun part the display does not go away like if you had a dead battery that you took all juice from. The fuel pump does re prime though. I can put it on the tender over night then go out for a ride and it will hold the charge all day no problems.

If I do need another battery which one whould you go with and why? I have been looking at the ones in the store and just can't figure out which one to buy. Help me out here.

Gary

Im in the process of looking for a new one as well. From what I gathered here stay away from Power Sonic batteries. Alot of people recommend the Odyssey and DEKA batteries on here. Just google YB30CL-B (stock battery part number) and see what you come up with.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    You can tell by the amount of battery threads-posts... that it's spring time for the northerners

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    You can tell by the amount of battery threads-posts... that it's spring time for the northerners
    Very True!!!!

Yeah was out on Easter weekend man 85-88* days will do that for ya. I serviced the trailer since I was deployed all last year. So new bearings, grease, adn hubs then added acid and water to the batteries charged adn mine that is 6 years old is going stronger than new and the 5 year old one just flat out sucks!!!! I willhold a charge for a few days I guess but tried to start them today since the first ride on easter weekend. No joy for her RXT. Mine fired right up.

Man was nice to get out there and ride that weekend got rid of the old gas, water temp was 48* had some nice cold pockets of air but was out in shorts and t shirt, Was nice to get out and ride now need a new battery for her ski.

Anybody have anthing to say about this one? http://www.tnrbatteries.com/yb30clb.html

Good / Bad / or indiferent?

Oh yeah just cut the grass for the first time today... only two of us that have so far everyone elses still has green grass iin the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyRXP View Post
    Yeah was out on Easter weekend man 85-88* days will do that for ya. I serviced the trailer since I was deployed all last year. So new bearings, grease, adn hubs then added acid and water to the batteries charged adn mine that is 6 years old is going stronger than new and the 5 year old one just flat out sucks!!!! I willhold a charge for a few days I guess but tried to start them today since the first ride on easter weekend. No joy for her RXT. Mine fired right up.

Man was nice to get out there and ride that weekend got rid of the old gas, water temp was 48* had some nice cold pockets of air but was out in shorts and t shirt, Was nice to get out and ride now need a new battery for her ski.

Anybody have anthing to say about this one? http://www.tnrbatteries.com/yb30clb.html

Good / Bad / or indiferent?

Oh yeah just cut the grass for the first time today... only two of us that have so far everyone elses still has green grass iin the neighborhood.

Thats the exact one that I ordered originally and then read some bad reviews about them over the net. If you are set on that one I found it a little cheaper for you: http://shopping.microbattery.com/Rep...category=3468. They are out of stock at the moment but are expecting more very soon.

I ended up ordering a Deka battery from batteryservice.com. Little bit more pricey but should last quite awhile. Here is the link for that one: http://batteryservice.com/products_f...Number=ETX30LA

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

battery basics

adding acid to a battery is a sure fire way to:

1-go blind
    2-ruin a battery

You NEVER add acid to a battery once it's been activated. Simple.

handling battery acid is dangerous..really..it just takes a spec of it splashing into your eye to ruin your day. WEAR GOOGLES when you activate a new battery with acid and old clothes. Ok lecture done.

Never had a problem with powersonic, I sold dozens of em last season, but I sell odessey now for a few bucks more. Highly recommended. You need a high quality battery maintainer..not a charger, but a microchip controlled gizomo. Battery tender is the most popular brand. I Ilike em.

What's happening is that you have a short inside your battery, when you put the starter load on it, the voltage drops to zero, the skis ecu resets. Once the starter releases, you get 12 volts again.

Plenty of info on batteries here.

Any AGM/Sealed battery will be fine, Batteries that require topping off simply aren't a good value, the amount of maintenance time they need and risk factor outweigh ANY cost savings.

+1 on the Odyssey batteries and battery tender has worked very well for me -- i have a multiple output battery tender i keep my ski battery -- boat battery trolling motor battery -- riding mower battery plugged to it -- does great for winter storage

+1
    The Odyssey is the way to Go I have them in all my Ski's Im very Happy

Thread Information