+1

a little advice please 1300r

hi couple of things if any one can advise me.. want to order a e.f.i unit and filter Ry-1312.. for my 1300r 2005.. got d plate and chip in garage and want to fit all at once..my 1st question is once fitted to my stock engine what can i expect from these mod, i.e crisper throttle..little more speed... 2nd can i damage engine with the e.f.i unit ( will be seeking settings off you guys nearer the time) dont want to get into holes in pistons ect. also is the tiny tach a worthy tach that i can read and give you guys info from.. my set up so far is trued and balanced stock prop..riva 2 bar grate (blueprinted) riva trim tabs riva sponsons.. modded riva ride plate ..ppk.. hull work done.. which gets me at sea level gps 68.2.. sneaking another one in sorry... and 3rd whats my prop good for ive been told about 72mph ish..
    Last edited by Hydrotherapy; 09-16-2006 at 12:32 PM.

+1
    Tiny tach better that nothing, when you install ppk did you trim flush and clean all mating surfaces

later cd
    Last edited by chip; 09-16-2006 at 04:42 PM.

+1
    you should see better acceleration and top end with the mods you have. I think tunning the EFI should be pretty easy, there is a tread in the tunners portion that is very helpfull!

+1
    start off on your e.f.i. with 6.6.2.6. and see what happens...abbott recomends 6.6.2.9. which is where i started,but i think all box's are a little differant, as are the ski's and weather conditions.. dont use the free flo and get a jet works as soon as you can...you will like it...i canned my 1200 grate and am running a slightly tweaked 800 unit..went from 69.0 to 71.1 w/only the grate changed....ski ran 73.0 w/ another lighter rider at the same rpm...get the pet tach if you can its a very good unit.

My Tiny has worked great! You can always go and by the BMW of tachs but to be honest the Tiny will get you everything you need! Just make sure it's the commercial version.

Setting for the EFI are about right, like itís been said they all are a bit different and weather will really make a difference.

Itís NOT the EFI that will hurt your ski. Itís doing a mod and then not adjusting the EFI correctly; but many here will be more then happy to help with that!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r
    start off on your e.f.i. with 6.6.2.6. and see what happens...abbott recomends 6.6.2.9. which is where i started,but i think all box's are a little differant, as are the ski's and weather conditions.. dont use the free flo and get a jet works as soon as you can...you will like it...i canned my 1200 grate and am running a slightly tweaked 800 unit..went from 69.0 to 71.1 w/only the grate changed....ski ran 73.0 w/ another lighter rider at the same rpm...get the pet tach if you can its a very good unit.
    Good advice. We have a good starting point with those numbers, but fine tuning it will most likely show slightly different numbers

Thread Information