Thread: 1994 GTX

1994 GTX

1994 GTX - had the engine rebuilt 5 years ago, probably less that 30 hours on it since. Still runs great. Are there any aftermarket products still being manufactured for this older engine? I would like to make this thing go faster.

The GTX hull was made for trolling around not really for speed. Also dont that model have the 650? All i know is a guy accross the river has that same model and I can pull him easy on my XP95

+1
    There is a lot you could do to it and it would be faster, but it would not be fast.

Like the modern GTIs, they have a job and they do it well, but trying to mod them for speed is a waste of time or money.

That is, unless you are talking engine swap. IMO, the only thing that would even be worth the effort would be to try and get a 4-tec SC in there.

If I were to do something like that I would want a '96+ GTX hull as it is a much better/faster hull than the '95 and older GTX.

Just IMO.

a 720 will drop right in. put in a different pitch prop. dual 40mm 800 jet boat carbs, and a factory pipe and you will be satisfied. anything that can be done do an xp or spx can be done to that ski. just keep in mind you have a lot of hull in the water. but it can be made fun and certainly better than it is now.
    if you go the 720 route make sure you get the e box with it. also same as throttle and choke cables.

Quote Originally Posted by slociviccoupe View Post
    a 720 will drop right in. put in a different pitch prop. dual 40mm 800 jet boat carbs, and a factory pipe and you will be satisfied. anything that can be done do an xp or spx can be done to that ski. just keep in mind you have a lot of hull in the water. but it can be made fun and certainly better than it is now.
    if you go the 720 route make sure you get the e box with it. also same as throttle and choke cables.

I have a 94 GTS that im installing a modded 720 in. It has dual carbs and i have got the electronics from a 96?97? SPX, i know its 720 electronics, i was unaware i needed a different throttle cable and choke cable. Why is that?

the motor in the gts/gtx had different carbs along with a different air box. should be 38mm mikuni's. 3 bolt holes on the top of the carbs. the plate that goes on top the carbs for the flame arrestor. Some of those motors the throttle or choke was atatched to this piece and not mounted on the carbs with a bracket.
    where as a 720 has 2 hole mounting pattern on the top of the carbs, and the throttle and choke cables atatch to a bracket on the fuel pump side od the mag carb.

Thread Information