Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: Shafted?

  1. #1
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577

    Shafted?

    I have heard of all of them breaking and am having difficulty deciding which to get. After all, this thing breaks and you may just find yourself buying a new S/C from Yamaha.

    Which Aftermarket S/C Shaft would you buy based on the expectation that it will not break.


  2. #2
    I like Art's- and it is the cheapest!

  3. #3
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    I've been using the Riva shaft and have had no problems and run my ski 8700+ RPM's

    I think the shaft breaking has a lot to do with the type of impeller used.

  4. #4
    Awamori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Okinawa Japan
    Posts
    275
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I've been using the Riva shaft and have had no problems and run my ski 8700+ RPM's

    I think the shaft breaking has a lot to do with the type of impeller used.
    Please elaborate on this. I would love to hear your theory on this Jerry, and it may just save me some grief down the road. Being in Japan, and having issues like supercharger bearings going bad/broken shafts equals some serious down time.

  5. #5
    think the shaft needs to be replaced running the c3 wheel?

  6. #6
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Awamori View Post
    Please elaborate on this. I would love to hear your theory on this Jerry, and it may just save me some grief down the road. Being in Japan, and having issues like supercharger bearings going bad/broken shafts equals some serious down time.
    I have heard about and have read about several shafts breaking. The one thing these failures have in common is they were using the ET 18 psi supercharger upgrade. It doesn't matter if it was an R&D shaft or Riva shaft the shaft would still break with this impeller.

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ight=psi+shaft

  7. #7
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar71 View Post
    think the shaft needs to be replaced running the c3 wheel?
    I haven't heard about anyone breaking shafts with this impeller so I wouldn't sweat it too much. If you have plans to go with an after market ECU in the future capable of higher RPM's then you might want to upgrade the shaft. Better safe than sorry.

  8. #8
    I am going to be running the r2 reflash dont know what rpms yet though...

  9. #9
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    I have heard of all of them breaking and am having difficulty deciding which to get. After all, this thing breaks and you may just find yourself buying a new S/C from Yamaha.

    Which Aftermarket S/C Shaft would you buy based on the expectation that it will not break.
    Who is breaking them? 18 pound wheel guys? E1 guys? I haven't heard of this quite yet.

  10. #10
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Who is breaking them? 18 pound wheel guys? E1 guys? I haven't heard of this quite yet.
    There's been quite a few threads on the forum regarding this
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122045

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118608

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. aftermarket drive shaft question...
    By dewsy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 07:47 AM
  2. RXT shaft in GTX Results
    By Red Devil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2005, 01:49 PM
  3. Swapped out GTX shaft for RXT shaft
    By Red Devil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 12:40 PM
  4. Rotax Racing Heavy Duty clutch kit w/ shaft dilemma
    By rx4pain in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 11:16 AM
  5. Impeller Shaft Trouble
    By WildBill9000 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2005, 10:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •