Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I pulled the trigger no more 2 stroke

After years of 2 strokes and loving this site for information and parts, yesterday I bought myself an 06 RXT 215. I live up here in Maine, but I went out yesterday for a ride and am going again today. The water temp on the guages is 51 so I dont plan on getting wet. The good news is unlike my XPL and my GSXL I dont have to get wet on this new one

So far so good, I bought it with a brand new motor from a dealer with a 6 month warranty so I am just breaking it in. I havent held it wide open yet but gave it a quick blast and it hit 69 on the speedo. I cant wait to see how it goes. Probably over the next couple of weeks I will pull the supercharger and make sure I get the ceramic bearing and metal washer upgrade. Any ideas on who to send this too?

Congratrs on the 215 ski, you will like the upgrade from the 2 stroke.
    Send the SC to Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    After years of 2 strokes and loving this site for information and parts, yesterday I bought myself an 06 RXT 215. I live up here in Maine, but I went out yesterday for a ride and am going again today. The water temp on the guages is 51 so I dont plan on getting wet. The good news is unlike my XPL and my GSXL I dont have to get wet on this new one

So far so good, I bought it with a brand new motor from a dealer with a 6 month warranty so I am just breaking it in. I havent held it wide open yet but gave it a quick blast and it hit 69 on the speedo. I cant wait to see how it goes. Probably over the next couple of weeks I will pull the supercharger and make sure I get the ceramic bearing and metal washer upgrade. Any ideas on who to send this too?
    Do not use ceramic bearing ??

good luck

I thought from what I read you upgrade the washers to metal and the bearing to a ceramic one? Better wear and better tolerances. It might have been an old post. I am also looking to do some of the free or cheap mods I just havent found a link to how to make the 4 inch air intake myself. I dont want to go nuts just the supercharger for reliability and maybe air pop repitch etc with cheap mods to make it go a bit better.

I didnt have a GPS with me but on the speedo 69 without holding it very long at 8140 RPMS From what I am reading that may be a little high on RPMs

+1
    you'll never go back

the ceramic bearings are very good -- i believe he is getting that mixed up with ceramic washers -- i maybe wrong but i don't think this site sells the ceramic bearings anymore -- my guess was due to the rebuild kit was what was bought the most

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by homebrew View Post
    the ceramic bearings are very good -- i believe he is getting that mixed up with ceramic washers -- i maybe wrong but i don't think this site sells the ceramic bearings anymore -- my guess was due to the rebuild kit was what was bought the most
    my ceramic bearings failed but my ceramic washers did not.

just put an 08 SC rebuild kit in there and be done with it

How much is it and who should I send it too? I was a mechanic for 7 years for GM so taking it out no problem. Fixing the supercharger I bet takes special tools and I would rather someone that has done alot put mine together.

+1
    If the dealer replaced the engine my guess is it had a SC failure and is already upgraded to 08 SC specs. Worth a look for piece of mind.

+1
    Congratrs on the 215 you will love it have one but I still love my 2 strokes and have 3 still

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information