C1 or C3 upgrade

Hi every one - i need some help so i can put this to bed once and for good....

There are many wheels out there c1, c3 etc that are marketed as a simple 'drop in' mod. I need to know if i can really just drop in a C1 or C3 and do nothing else due to my existing mods (see my signature for details). I think i am ok with dropping in a c1,but need to add an intercooler upgrade for the c3???? Please remember that i live in the UK where our air temp in the summer is only mid to high 20 degrees C. Also can anyone advise what performance increases i would get with my current setup by adding either a) a c1 or b) a c3? Cheers

+1
    Bigger is always better in my eyes. I went a E1.

Here a link

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121442
    Last edited by RichieFZR; 04-21-2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: edit

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Hi every one - i need some help so i can put this to bed once and for good....

There are many wheels out there c1, c3 etc that are marketed as a simple 'drop in' mod. I need to know if i can really just drop in a C1 or C3 and do nothing else due to my existing mods (see my signature for details). I think i am ok with dropping in a c1,but need to add an intercooler upgrade for the c3???? Please remember that i live in the UK where our air temp in the summer is only mid to high 20 degrees C. Also can anyone advise what performance increases i would get with my current setup by adding either a) a c1 or b) a c3? Cheers
    i would go with a c3. which will allow you to stay on pump gas........
    some guys run the c3 with a oem i.c. but it5 depends on what you use it for. as far as a intercooler, i would wait and se the jd intercooler before making the plunge.

+1
    I would definitely recommend the C3. I went that route and as I've posted before (and contrary to most), that was the first mod that I could really FEEL the improvement in performance. I feel that everything to that point was just getting ready for the wheel (FF intake and exhaust, intake mod, HKS BOVetc...).

Now, it seems like I have been getting ready for the R2. I still have the stock IC (cool where I live too) but with the R2 I feel I really need an aftermarket IC ().

And at this point, the pump will need work. Hope my 160mm prop and liner is the shizit.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieFZR View Post
    Bigger is always better in my eyes. I went a E1.

Here a link

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121442
    Great thanks for this.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    i would go with a c3. which will allow you to stay on pump gas........
    some guys run the c3 with a oem i.c. but it5 depends on what you use it for. as far as a intercooler, i would wait and se the jd intercooler before making the plunge.
    It just want a really quick recreational ski - no competition racing.... Do you think the stock intercooler would be ok in this instance with the C3?? Dont want to blow the engine or damage the ski for the sake of an intercooler

Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    I would definitely recommend the C3. I went that route and as I've posted before (and contrary to most), that was the first mod that I could really FEEL the improvement in performance. I feel that everything to that point was just getting ready for the wheel (FF intake and exhaust, intake mod, HKS BOVetc...).

Now, it seems like I have been getting ready for the R2. I still have the stock IC (cool where I live too) but with the R2 I feel I really need an aftermarket IC ().

And at this point, the pump will need work. Hope my 160mm prop and liner is the shizit.

It just want a really quick recreational ski - no competition racing.... Do you think the stock intercooler would be ok in this instance with the C3?? Dont want to blow the engine or damage the ski for the sake of an intercooler

It shouldn't hurt anything but it will cause heat soak by keeping the stock i/c with higher boost levels

Quote Originally Posted by perk_1405 View Post
    It shouldn't hurt anything but it will cause heat soak by keeping the stock i/c with higher boost levels
    Thanks dude...i take it heat soak drops the performance of the ski? What is it?

Thanks dude...i take it heat soak drops the performance of the ski? What is it?

The stock i/c is designed to handle stock boost levels (5.5-7 I think) when you go add more boost its not able to cool it down as it should, that's when heat soak starts and u loose hp And speed. a bigger i/c will keep it from happening.

Thread Information